This position will be based out of the Central Texas District Office located in San Antonio, TX.
Responsible for sales of construction aggregates in the San Antonio and surrounding areas. Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers as well as assist customers in understanding, selection, and use of materials.
Effectively administer customer quotations and order entry, sales reports, backlogs, collection of accounts receivable, and overall customer experience. Work closely with sales audit personnel regarding invoicing, credit and re-bills and month end reporting. Work closely with distribution channels and the customers to ensure product availability.
The Outside Sales Representative will work with other Sales Reps and Sales Manager to ensure maximum market penetration at best possible price, making every effort to develop strategies for growth in new markets and customers.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in business, construction management or related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Solid knowledge of construction materials and their application/use and specifications preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills; independent and self-disciplined, with ability to work proactively and productively both as a sole contributor and in a small team environment.
- Experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) software a plus.
- Experience working with Department of Transportation DOT and the Federal Railroad Administration a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new applications.
Core Competencies, Critical Success Factors & Job Related Characteristics:
- Industry Knowledge - basic knowledge of how customer uses our products(i.e. pavement bases, concrete plants, asphalt plants, etc.) and basic knowledge of aggregate plant processing, quality control, products, and dispatch functions
- Interpersonal Communication Skills -excellent verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Technology Capabilities - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internal systems (i.e. JDE, etc.)
- Reliability - Self-starter with excellent planning and administrative skills; excellent time management skills
- Ethics and integrity - comply with best practices; and strict compliance with the Company's Ethics policy and Code of Conduct
- Financial - Knowledge regarding pricing strategies, sales forecasting and ability to achieve objectives/key performance indicators (DSO, profit, ASP, tonnage, repeat business, new customers, etc.)
- Forecasting - Assists Area/District Sales Manager in preparing timely and accurate reports, data and forecasts; work with operations staff regarding inventory, production, etc.,
- Customer Service - Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Safety - Compliance with the Company's Safe Driver Policy; adhere to safety regulations (state, federal, company, and MSHA) while on site
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
At Martin Marietta we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates. We celebrate diversity and commit that qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.