Description - External
The Claim Director, under the direction of a Claims Supervisor, investigates and settles Property claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines in the New York City area..
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Appropriately evaluate and estimate damages while inspecting loss site(s)
• Analyze first reports and promptly contacting insured/claimants.
• Effectively evaluate contract language and identify coverage issues.
• Promptly and appropriately develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
• Maintain an active file diary to more file toward resolution.
• Recognize and pursue recovery.
• Adhere to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
• Recognize and identify potential fraudulent claims.
• Effectively control the use, work product, and expenses of outside vendors.
• Effectively evaluate claim facts and negotiate claim settlements.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Serve as a technical resource to lesser experienced Adjusters on the team.
•Successfully contribute to the development and delivery of the team's goals, objectives and results.
•Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe Operations as needed to include working overtime during designated CATs.
Qualifications - External
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Full knowledge of commercial insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well in teams.
• Innovative thinker with ability to multi-task.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Very comfortable working with computers including taking notes while on the phone while toggling between different computer programs.
• Willing to be flexible in work hours (rotating late shift, occasional Saturday, overtime for CAT).
• Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
• Ability to create Xactimate estimates up to $500K and settle losses based on the estimates