Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Outreach Center Business Analyst to join an existing call center team supporting the registration / enrollment of medical vendors / facilities into a heath care database used to solicit and receive medical evidence of constituent disability claims. You will be working at a Leidos facility in Baltimore, Maryland. You must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Day to Day Duties
- Support the team leads in the assessment of the business and software requirements for a customer relationship management system that will be built in the near future to manage the vendor enrollment process that is currently performed by the outreach team.
- Support the assessment and documentation of changes to the current database that tracks and maintains the vendor contact, enrollment, and medical evidence for SSA's disability systems.
- Assist the team leads in analyzing current system processes to evaluate vendor utilization of the disability applications/systems, identify enhancements to the current reporting system, strategize on new approaches to expand enrollment, and provide feedback to SSA on progress.
- Utilize the understanding of the current business processes to train vendors on the automation of the medical evidence submission via the application and adjust training business documentation as systems changes are implemented or business problems are encountered
- Call assigned medical providers to register and enroll them for submitting evidence via electronic upload versus manual / fax submission.
- Assist the team with updating the tracking database to document the details of the medical provider's progress on enrollment.
- Assist with training of medical providers on the application to upload medical evidence electronically.
- Return phone calls to enrolled providers to determine satisfaction or any issues with the uploading of medical evidence via the application.
- Attend team meetings to discuss progress, priorities, and roadblocks.
- Assess and analyze facilities information to cleanse and enter the data into the tracking database.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure adequate coverage for the call center to maintain productivity levels.
- Experience solving business problems quickly and efficiently by proposing / recommending feasible solutions to the team leadership.
- Outreach and Enrollment / Registration of others into a Database
- Comfortable speaking with others on the phone and Release of Information Knowledge and Understanding in Healthcare.
- Data Analysis and Data Input experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collaborate effectively with customers and other team members.
- Electronic Health Record certifications (Registered Health Information Technician)
- Experience with processing Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Experience with EMR systems such as Cerner, Epic, ONCO EMR, eClinicalWorks, etc.
- Knowledge of medical code sets such as ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS, etc.
Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing applications and environments. Leidos supports the maintenance, enhancement and modernization of SSA Disability Systems involved with the intake of disability applications, claim development, medical and vocational assessment, adjudication, hearing, and appeal.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.