OTR CDL A Truck Driver
Hammond, IN, USA ● Lansing, IL, USA Req #6592
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
WHY WORK FOR US?
* 2 weeks paid vacation first year
* Regional Regular Route
* Home most weekends
* No waiting for drops
* Flexible work hours and Great benefits!
* $1,000 Bonus after 90 Days
* Union Benefits
Pay rate is $27.39/HR
QUESTIONS? CONTACT RECRUITING TODAY AT
Silver Line Windows & Doors is the nation's leading vinyl window and door manufacturer. With 4,000 employees, and plants located in Lansing, IL, North Brunswick, NJ, Lithia Springs, GA, and Marion, OH. We make windows that provide builders, architects, and homeowners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home. Silver Line was recently acquired by Ply Gem and merged with Cornerstone Building Brands. We are now an organization of 20,000 employees with 80 facility locations in North America.
* Determines Safe and Reliable operating condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before, during and after use. Logs same and facilitates corrective action if needed.
* Verifies vehicle is correctly loaded by checking load before and during trip. Checks load integrity, secures and repositions, as needed.
* Accurately delivers and documents product deliveries. Identifies route, verifies documents, obtains maps, drives to destination, and manually offloads product.
* Safely operates vehicle and complies with Company policies, procedures, highway rules and federal DOT regulations.
* Maintains records including: Completing driver logs; filling out trip records, vehicle inspection sheets, bills of lading and all various documents.
* Maintains clean vehicle by good housekeeping habits in the cab and cargo areas (i.e. picks up rope, secures poles, etc.)
* Maintains safe working environment by using all required safety equipment; abides by all safety rules and regulations
* Contributes to a drug free workplace by abiding by established policies regarding use of illegal substances in the workplace.
* Contributes to customer relations by professionally representing the Company including greeting customers in a friendly, courteous manner.
* Current CDL Class A license
* Two years over the road or equivalent driving experience.
* Safe driving record
* Ability to safely operate various types of Class A vehicles.
* Knowledge of federal DOT regulations.
* Must be able to work quickly with product and able to lift and lower 75 pounds maximum
* Must be able to lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds
* Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance
* Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player.
* Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with people.
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Hourly