THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE POSITION. ARAMIS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
The OSP Designer can expect the following job duties:
Creates project designs, creates drawings, for the placement of fiber optic cables, poles, conduit, transmission equipment and associated electronics
Creates designs based on current and past network architectures
Completes construction drawings for telecommunication projects
Estimates costs, identifies appropriate materials and equipment, estimates project timelines
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma, Associates or bachelor's degree in architecture or engineering field desired but not required
- 3+ years of telecom design experience
- ARAMIS OR is required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required (2015 or newer preferred)
- Proficiency with ArcGIS is preferred
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in working on multiple fiber design projects from award to completion including having knowledge of site acquisition, engineering, permitting, construction, and project closeout.
- Read, analyze, & understand specific project scopes of work and translate into design requirements
- Provide suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data intended to afford design personnel the optimum opportunity to design the most effective plant placement.
- Convert field notes, architectural, engineering and/or plan sketches into working construction drawings using the required software per customer specifications.
- Revise construction drawings per customer and internal redlines.
- Work collaboratively with field staff and the permitting groups to prepare, draft, and review the necessary drawings for construction, permitting, and records.
- Perform moderate to advanced CAD or GIS tasks