Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis, and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
The Program Manager plans, directs, coordinates and budgets activities concerned with the construction of telecommunication projects that Irby Co. provides for various Utility Customers through the US. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling and implementation. This position formulates company policies and ensures adherence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- May request supplied and materials to complete projects
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement correct measures
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress costs and scheduling
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contracts to facilitate project activities
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and customers
- Work with Management to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with construction projects
- Work with Contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with Management to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems
- Lead a project team within a project deployment area including team members, vendors, and contractors.
- Manage delivery schedules, and human resources to ensure on time completion.
- Lead internal meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of the program and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely completion.
- Attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure that all work is maintained in a tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Ensuring all workmanship meets standards
- Responsible for the completion of all required forms: Timesheets, client sign-offs, Change Orders, Project Summaries and Final Checklists.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Position requires excellent mathematical skills
- Knowledge of public safety, security issues and regulations
- Organizational skills; ability to handle several projects concurrently
- Ability to review and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to manage through conflict, complexity and to problem solve issues
- Project management skills: ability to create and update construction schedules
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Microsoft Project
- Ability to work independently and self-directed; takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes
- Excellent communication skills in presentation, conversation and written correspondence to management, project team, sub-contractors and customers.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking and driving
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move equipment and objects up to 100 pounds
- Approximately 10 years of experience in construction/telecommunication industry, the last 5 of which were at a level that required extensive project management work
Construction Program Management for Fiber Optic Networks Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of Design and engineering of final approved projects including final route recommendation, field engineering and pole loading (these function are performed by others however the OSP Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the work is started and completed on time and is sufficient to obtain the required permit approvals.
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics.
- Ability to Perform and Instruct others on performance of testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Supervise, Manage, Lead, and Coach Fiber Construction Crews on field activities
Construction Program Management for Fiber Optic Networks Specific Experience:
Significant experience (10+ years) with Local Government Regulations, permitting, ADSS Fiber Installation, Outside Plant Construction Processes and Methods, GIS Software, Fiber Optic Splicing and Testing