Operations Support Services Specialist
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To support Operations Support Services Leadership relating to all aspects of quality assurance; ensure service level agreements are maintained; research and resolve complex technical issues; manage and create escalation procedures; track and monitor issues ensuring a timely resolution; and to perform monthly quality and technical audits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to a team of OSS colleagues.
- Assigns and monitors workload for OSS colleagues; coordinates project volume and assignments; ensures that processes and procedures are adhered to and that department objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Assists leadership to establish departmental procedures, standards, and metrics.
- Supports OSS Coordinators and OSS Associates by providing advice on handling complex issues.
- Tracks non-compliance issues and monitors through to resolution; acts as quality assurance by identifying, researching, resolving and responding to technical and non-technical issues or questions.
- Communicates high visibility issues to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains high level of knowledge of applicable claim systems, processes, and procedures to assist in a resolution to customer issues.
- Escalates calls to the appropriate departments as needed.
- Provides status and follow-up information to customers as needed.
- Reviews quality data, conducts audits, tracks quality metrics and reports findings to appropriate management.
- Conducts training for OSS Coordinators and OSS Associates.
- Monitors incoming calls and emails to ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists leadership to identify and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in interviews of Coordinators and Associates and provides feedback to hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Three (3) years claims management experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer