Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, the Operations Supervisor, is responsible for overseeing the warehousing and delivery duties and functions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include directing and administering the organization's warehouse management systems, policies, programs and initiatives, maintaining building and grounds and the repairs and maintenance of company owned vehicles. Will oversee the delivery of products for customers in the service area. This position includes supervisory responsibilities of the warehouse and staff and will be ensure all new employees are properly trained.
- Responsible for the daily warehouse and delivery functions for multiple locations and task assignment
- Responsible for the accuracy of inventory, facility maintenance and infrastructure
- Supervise the shipping and receiving of merchandise and keep accurate documentation
- Follow and disseminate the goals and objectives set by the company to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in improving the operations
- Ensure staff is performing tasks in accordance with job responsibilities
- Meet deadlines and ensure quality of orders
Delivery & Installation Services Management:
- Loading the delivery truck and verifying that the product loaded into the delivery truck is correct to ensure that the right product leaves the building.
- Deliver the product into customers home/facility in a safe and appropriate manner to avoid damage and injuries.
- Assembling the product correctly and efficiently to ensure the product is in safe working order when they leave the delivery site.
- Have and maintain a safe driving record and a DOT card to drive company vehicles.
- Deliver product to and remove product from state fairs, home & garden shows, model homes, and any other special events that arise.
- Understand and follow all safety policies.
- Regular inspection of the company vehicle to ensure that the vehicle is in satisfactory condition to be operated.
- Ensure timely invoicing of all deliveries and installations.
- Responsible for safekeeping and the ensuring of authorized use of fuel cards/company issued credit cards.
- Lead, train, mentor delivery positions and supervise warehouse and delivery/install staff
- Responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions, training, and developing subordinates
- Responsible for completing adequate performance documentation on time.
- Ensure that staff schedules are communicated, and timecards are reviewed, approved and submitted on time for payroll processing
- Promote and support company safety policy and procedure. Ensure assigned trainings are completed in a timely manner, reporting is completed promptly and creating a safe work environment is a priority.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in warehouse required
- Previous leadership experience required
- Experience with delivery & installation preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Background in Iridium preferred
- A valid driver's license is required for local travel
- Completing of fork lift certification will be required during orientation
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines under pressure
- Requires flexibility with schedule in order to be available beyond normal business hours when needed
- Achieves high percent of task target dates
- Suggests, develops and improves current work processes
- Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete
- Contributes ideas to improve current processes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Excellent relationships with carrier and broker contacts
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
- Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Quality of Work:
- Attention to detail
- Able to be consistently accurate
- Able to follow tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs