Currently seeking a dynamic, quick thinking, detail oriented, people manager to fill the role of Operations Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing the office team to provide the highest level of support to the field team, particularly Project Managers. Position is for a leader of an asphalt / paving division.
The Operations Manager will be the link between the office team and the field team, working ensure each project is adequately staffed by the office team.
- Responsible for managing day to day organization operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Overseeing marketing and working to build strategic alliances with key individuals to strengthen company (i.e. customers, suppliers, future employees and other key groups).
- Reviewing bid opportunities daily and deciding in consultation with General Manger which projects to pursue.
- Attending pre-bid and pre-submittal conferences
- Overseeing Estimating to include reviewing bidding documents, specifications and plans and subcontractor quotes when bidding jobs to ensure accuracy in the estimate/bid process.
- Overseeing Project Management and the management of our construction projects to include assisting our Project Managers with any construction related issues (i.e. change orders, scheduling issues, subcontractor issues, etc.…).
- Attending project meetings with owner and architect to ensure project are running smoothly.
- Responsible for hiring staff as needed including Estimators, Project Managers, Superintendents, and office staff.
- Ten (10) years minimum experience successfully managing a public works (Federal, State, Tribal) commercial general contracting firm. Private Sector work experience would be a plus but not required.
- Strong computer skills including scheduling software and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, coordination of people and resources, project management, estimating, accounting, human resources, administration, bidding & marketing.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiations.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective business operations, leadership, and management.
Send your resume directly to
This position has a high level of urgency. All qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Currently seeking a dynamic, quick thinking, detail oriented, people manager to fill the role of Operations Manager. This individual will be responsible for managing the office team to provide the highest level of support to the field team, particularly Project Managers. Position is for a general construction company specializing in office, restaurant, and retail construction.