As an Operations Manager, the successful candidate will initially report to the Vice President of Operations, the Operations Manager will be responsible for developing and expanding Client accounts through Project Execution, Networking, and Business Development. Our main clients are currently based on the East Coast and DPS strategy is to build both the existing business in this region and expand throughout the USA. To succeed in this position the candidate must have a strong background in Life Sciences, Project Execution, and providing Project Support.
The Operations Manager will predominantly support our client site operations in parallel, pursue new Engineering and Scientific business development opportunities at Client sites.
- Communication - Interface with existing and new Clients in order to gain clear understanding of the client's specific resource needs. Respond promptly to all customer requirements and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- New Client Relationships - Support and expand new and existing Client accounts across our Life Sciences Clients.
- Existing Client Relationships - Manage existing Client relationships with oversight of personnel and mitigate risks or challenges to maintain business.
- Reporting - Responsible for developing and maintaining up-to-date reports for existing Client business and new opportunities in terms of proposals, prospects, and new relationships.
- Business Plan - Develop and maintain a business plan for target clients and execute against this plan to develop existing and new business at the Client site.
- Resource Management - Communicate with resources at Client sites to address any issues and obtain feedback from onsite resources.
- Proposal Development - Liaise with the NJ office operations to support and review proposals, documentation, pre-qualifications, and presentations to further develop existing and new Client relationships and business growth.
- Resource Pool - Manage Client and resource needs to maintain Client business ensuring that the business reaches or exceeds goals and objectives.
- Operational Support -Liaise with Vice President of Operations to ensure new business expansion of existing business are in line with the overall business strategy.
- Client invoicing and Purchase Orders - Ensure that the nominated accounts are managed effectively and act as the 'go-to' person for any purchase order or billing inquiries.
- Networking - Develop and expand Client and Candidate network and attend network events.
- Candidate Sourcing - Work with recruiters to assure that selected candidates match the client's expectations in terms of personality, quality, and technical aptitude.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent level of experience or qualification
- Relevant Client-side experience for Engineering Life Sciences.
- Demonstrated and proven technical experience working within biotech/pharmaceutical settings is preferred.
- An established relationship with Engineering Life sciences Clients and Candidates across a variety of mentioned engineering disciplines is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple resources directly/indirectly at Client site(s).
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to gather, interpret, and report business opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary.