Open Position Announcement
Open Space and Trails Manager
Date Posted: 09/02/2020
Deadline to apply: 09/25/2020
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and team-oriented professional with a strong commitment to quality and service. Requires the ability to model Town of Eagle staff values of integrity, respect, commitment, responsibility, collaboration, and leadership.
Job Summary: The Open Space and Trails Manager position performs complex open space and trail planning and land acquisition duties in accordance with the Town's Comprehensive Plan, Open Space Plan, Trails Master Plan and Trails Standards and Guidelines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to strategic planning for the open space program, coordinating and administering open space and trail activities, planning long range open space goals, acquiring new open space lands, managing the annual open space budget, securing grant funding, preparing management plans for select open space properties, coordinating projects in conjunction with the Open Space & Recreation Advisory Committee and other planning department and Town staff, fostering healthy partnerships with outside partnership organizations. In addition to the oversight of Open Space and Trails programs and initiatives, this position is responsible for coordinating special events associated with, but not limited to foot and bike races using trails and open space, and other duties as assigned.
Direct reports to this position: Seasonal Trails Technician
Hiring Range: $76,801 - $96,001 annually, DOQ
• A bachelor's degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Parks and Recreation Administration, Natural Resources Management/Conservation or a related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
• GIS - proficiency or demonstrated ability to work with geographic systems.
• A minimum of four (4) years of directly related experience in open space/trails management and/or pertinent planning experience is required. Property negotiation experience preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in managing employees is required.
• Demonstrated experience in public, written and non-verbal communications to include oral and written presentation, public presentations and negotiation skills. Strong computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and mapping applications. Previous grant development/management experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.