Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde is seeking an On-Site Gas Service Coordinator to join our team located in St. Louis, MO.
The On-Site Gas Service Coordinator is to safely manage the entire cylinder inventory at Praxair customer sites. The On-Site Gas Service Coordinator will optimize, inventory, and streamline delivery schedules from the plant to the customer (and all locations within the facilities).
The On-Site Gas Service Coordinator will also simplify cylinder gas distribution for Praxair customers, optimize distribution costs for PDI, and avoid interruption in service to customer processes. The position requires driving from site-to-site and full-time attendance at both customer and cylinder supply locations.
On-Site Gas Service Coordinator
- Cylinder ordering including plant communication and coordination as well as on site management of existing local inventories and remote locations within facilities. Gases included are industrial, specialty, lab standard and possibly medical grade gases. Requires ability to learn and gain knowledge of CGA, NFPA, DOT and other standards
- Cylinder disbursement including proper cylinder handling as required by NFPA 99 chapter 9. Requires heavy physical lifting, pushing and pulling. Cylinder size and weight varies from 10lbs to 750 lbs. (Dewar's)
- Cylinder retrieval including proper cylinder handling as required by NFPA 99 chapter 9. Requires heavy physical lifting, pushing and pulling. Cylinder size and weight varies from 10 lbs to 750 lbs.
- Cylinder billing including plant communication, Accustar Handheld, Cylinder Tracking, and JD Edwards interactions
- Customer interaction including facilities support personnel, clinical staff, and on occasion facilities administrators
- JD Edwards order entry, cylinder tracking, and order selection capabilities
- Inventory management of all in use and depleted cylinders. Management of cylinders on patient floors is critical to meet environment of care requirements
- Sales opportunity identification and communication internally
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED required, additional education or trade skills preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate to customers and internal plant personnel
- Computer literacy required
- Good driving record is required
- Ability to pass security clearance to enter refineries and chemical plants is required
- Cylinder gas knowledge is a significant plus
- Must be able/willing to safely move heavy loads on a routine basis (including carts on wheels which may weigh up to 1200 lbs.)
- Must be able/willing to safely lift and move up to 40 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.