Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an opportunity with our Albuquerque, NM office for an Administrative Assistant to support a local Service Line Manager and Project Managers. The service line provides professional engineering services in the areas of water resources and community water/wastewater systems throughout New Mexico and the Navajo Nation. The position will work with managers and team members to administer projects, both locally and nationally, towards successful completion. Will work on an on call, as needed basis. Will generally work approximately 24 hours per week.
Our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals is looking for additional talent. The ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and committed to quality.
Do you have experience in the clerical and administrative aspects of consulting engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and contributions? Are you interested in a flexible work schedule with remote work-at-home option? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Your responsibility will be to support a local engineering group in providing consulting services to our diverse clientele. We have an atmosphere that supports individuals in meeting their responsibilities, while providing them with an opportunity to develop their job to meet their lifestyle.
- Work under the supervision of a Service Line Leader and Senior Project Manager(s) to support clerical, accounting, and administrative activities necessary to manage engineering projects.
- Assist clients by completing funding applications.
- Prepare proposals to secure new work.
- Prepare engineering reports.
- Provide textual editing of proposals and reports.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides for presentations.
- Assist with monthly project statusing and invoicing.
- Assist with tracking receivable accounts.
- Develop working professional relationships with the engineering team and with our client's staff.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3 - 5 + years experience in an office environment
- Experience supporting civil or environmental engineering offices/teams with administrative tasks is a plus
- Experience with Native American Tribal Governments is a plus
- Self starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with editing documents for final production
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.