Job ID: 320362
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Branch Office Manager Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Branch Office Manager position today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Manages all functions of the branch office while working with other office staff, field personnel, and management.
- Model of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Performs a significant combination of clerical/administrative duties of an equivalent level in support of a variety of office functions.
- Answer calls from a multi-line telephone system.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
- Work with management, supervisors and employees on employee related questions or business specific issues via phone, email or mail.
- Ensures communication among various departments in the office.
- Accounting clerical duties performing data entry for multiple reports and jobs. Scans invoices into accounting system for preparation of payment.
- May directly supervise/coordinate activities of clerical/administrative staff (1-2 employees) in office.
- Conduct new hire orientation and provide training for existing employees.
- Drive new hire process and support for other personnel/ safety processes.
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet short deadlines.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
- Review practices and procedures and make recommendations for process improvements as needed.
- Be a role model and demonstrate the company's core values and respect as well as honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Responsible for upkeep and care of work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements.
Have a MVR that meets company standards
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 5 + years of previous related experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Software Applications is required.
Keywords: Office Manager; Kansas; Hays; Construction
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.