The Office Coordinator & Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing clerical tasks to support daily operations, as well as providing administrative support for project management throughout the life cycle of a site work construction project. Duties include greeting visitors, responding to inquiries, ordering supplies, managing mail, assisting with special events, and using project management software systems to process and maintain project related documents.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone. Answers and responds to inquiries and directs them to the appropriate in-house staff when applicable.
- Maintains an updated employee directory and utilizes this information to transfer incoming calls, give further instruction to others, etc.
- Operates and maintains the telecommunication system, including the house phone, console, computer workstation, fax machine, postage machine and other front desk devices.
- Tracks office supplies by routinely checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders, and unpacking/store received orders.
- Coordinates with vendors and service technicians related to the repair of equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, appliances, etc. that has malfunctioned and is inoperable.
- Notifies departments of the arrival of daily deliveries of office supplies, overnight mailings, and other business shipments.
- Maintains security by following procedures and notifying employees when visitors have arrived for appointments. Responsible for ensuring the front desk and lobby area are safe, clean, and in good operating condition.
- Assist with organization of staff meetings and other special events.
- Process Palmetto Utility Protection Service tickets to notify member underground facility owners of planned excavations.
- Process transmittals, submittals, Requests for Information (RFIs), payment applications and other project management related routine project documents.
- Create projects and contracts in project management software. Assist with project start up; inclusive of, but not limited to ordering certificates of insurance, performance and payment bonds and other project start up documents.
- Assist with project buyouts which includes the issuing of project purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Assist with all aspects involved in the closeout of a project.
- Other responsibilities assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- One to three years related experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of office protocol is necessary, to include computer literacy
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.