National Community Church (NCC) believes the Church should be the most creative and diverse place on the planet. To accomplish this core conviction, we aspire to hire people with a high level of vision and technical skills. The Office Coordinator (OC) serves a pivotal role in the operations of the Capital Turnaround and NCC as a whole. The OC's ministry supports the location staff team and in coordination with the Operations Project Manager. The OC is expected to ensure location office coverage from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., occasionally working weekend staff events or other required church events.
The OC is the master of wearing multiple hats. You roll with the punches, whether that means helping staff with an admin project, a guest needing someone to talk with, or receiving a large delivery. You personify our culture and ensure all who walk through our doors, give us a call, or emails us feel as though they belong. You can take initiative independently and at the same time, be a team player. You are the first impression of our office.
Be a Welcome Wagon
- The Office Coordinator is an important first impression to NCC, and serves as a receptionist in our DC front office. Be warm and welcoming while greeting internal staff and visitors.
- This includes opening the office at 9 a.m. and closing the office at 5 p.m.
- Answer phone calls, take and relay messages, check voicemail, and/or return phone calls specifically for your office location.
- Help Admin Team (A-Team) respond to or redirect emails sent to our general email account.
Be a Staff Culture Curator & Event Assistant
- Work closely with the OPM to prepare staff for conferences, retreats, and events with necessary communication, packets of information, etc.
- Assist with set up, breakdown, and operation of all staff events.
- Coordinate all staff breakfasts and other catering when needed at your location.
- Assist with staff appreciation initiatives, including birthday cards, anniversary cards, and emails for staff at your office location.
- Own the details and oversee the physical office.
- Ensure office standards for cleanliness are maintained in all areas including front office, kitchens, common spaces, closets, bathrooms, and conference rooms. Ensure spaces are always tidy, accessible, and stocked with supplies.
- Receive mail and distribute it to appropriate staff members.
- Sign for deliveries and distribute packages (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- Build a volunteer team to help coordinate office and campus administration.
- Be a dreamer! We will always welcome ideas for how to improve our day-to-day operations. One core conviction is that the church should be the most creative place on the planet. This includes our office space. Moreover, we are an urban church functioning in limited space. Your creativity is welcome here.
- Work with OPM to coordinate space requests and reservations for ministry use at your location.
- Be point of contact with vendors such as cleaning company, trash/recycling company, and utilities.
Be a Team Player
- Jump in to help our team and guests meet their needs, including assistance with printer emergencies, carrying boxes out of the office, answering questions, or ordering supplies. Flexibility with daily interruptions is important for this role.
- Assist staff with administrative tasks as needed.
- Other duties as needed or assigned by the Location Pastor or their designee.
Be a Safety Guard
- Ensure security standards for the offices are maintained and processes are properly followed. Grant access to main offices through the front door.
- Be a Support to Pastoral/Ministry Staff.
- Coordinate communion production and distribution for the location's church services.
- Coordinate, order, and produce materials for baby dedications with pastoral staff and families.
- Assist in research and distribution of church-wide Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts or other special events.
- Assist in planning regular baptisms in coordination with the pastoral team.
- Provide administrative support in your location's church management software, NCC Central.
- Provide administrative structure and support for ministries initiatives such as: Flagship Discipleship Experience and Campus-specific Leadership Summits.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church,
- Organized and detail-oriented with good follow-through,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal staff, guests, and volunteers,
- Resourceful with research on the internet and other sources,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Strong customer service skills,
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. with or without accommodations,
- Efficient and helps develop good office administrative processes,
- Proficient in Google, Word, Excel, Outlook, web knowledge, and web search engines,
- Agree with the NCC Leadership Covenant and core convictions,
- Be a reflection of Christ in your words and actions, both in your personal life and ministry,
- You will be looked up to as you model faith in Christ, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel (Jesus lived a life of holiness, purity, and free from addictions).
60% of the OC's time will be on location-specific duties with the remaining 40% of their time on all staff/NCC central support duties in coordination with the OPM.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to . Please share with us in your cover letter how your faith journey interfaces with your personal and professional life. We ask you to include your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. NCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and welcomes your application.