Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA currently has an opportunity for OEC Administrative Assistant III.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Primary Job Function:
Provides general administrative and project-based support to the OEC team, including ECOs, directors, managers as assigned.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents managing correspondence, handling teleconference and mobile phone setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues
- Reviews and approves payments made to healthcare professionals for complete and compliant supporting documentation and works with business on any payments not within guidelines
- Updates the Medical Devices OEC website to keep content current and relevant and oversees other online communication tools
- Manages ethics and compliance training reports and develops dashboards for business leadership
- Assists department with projects, including basic project management, basic research, and drafting communications
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, document management system, matter management system and employee performance management systems (as applicable)
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding
- Follow established coverage and back-up support plans to ensure departmental and divisional support needs are fulfilled
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Consistently interacts with high-level executives
- Working with cross-functional teams in connection with projects and to provide division-wide support
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Maintains and manages multiple leaders' calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts
- Point of contact for team schedules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent. College or associate degree preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- 1-3 years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on