When you work at Children s, you re part of a treasured place of healing in the Omaha community and beyond. Join our team of highly engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply in the organization s mission to improve the life of every child. We support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we ll open the new Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve children.
When children are your everything, anything can be
Children's is searching for a Nurse Continuity Coordinator, Children s Physicians to coordinate and provide leadership and direction in collaboration with Lead RN s concerning processes, standards including and ongoing education to provide Continuity of Care at Children s Physician s. Serves as a liaison between physician s, office staff, and Children s Physician s administration, Support Services, and vendors. Perform Value Analysis of equipment, supplies, medications and vaccines. Maintain up-to-date on quality level of care for age appropriate patient care and identify and recommend areas of improvement. Promotes clinical and technical growth and development for department staff. Promotes a team based approach to patient care both within and among all Children s Physician s offices. Develop, support and monitor office and organization quality goals.
Long Posting Description
- Performs treatments, procedures, and medication / immunization administration in a professional and compassionate manner according to Children s Physicians policy and procedures.
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional, developmental and social conditions when interviewing all patients and families in the office and on the telephone.
- Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic tests and procedures with the patient /family, other physicians/hospitals and insurance providers as determined by the needs of the patient
- Coordinates, provides, and appropriately documents patient and family education
- Demonstrates knowledge of and provides care based on age-specific or developmental milestones for infants, toddlers, preschool, school age, and adolescents according to Children s Physicians protocols
- Completes all required patient care documentation in an accurate and timely manner within the electronic medical record according to Children s Physicians policy and procedures.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life threatening emergencies
- Directs other team members in the delivery of nursing care as determined by the needs of the office and the direction of the office manager or physicians.
- Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills when performing phone triage.
- Fulfills expectation of complete and accurate phone documentation by utilizing EMR workflows as directed. Returns phone calls within determined response time ranges.
- Promotes and encourages use of Children s Connect by communicating with parents via online portal whenever feasible.
- Takes ownership of quality metrics as a reflection of our commitment to continuously improving the quality of care for all patients. Works quality reports as directed, utilizing appropriate established workflows.
- Maintains clean and professional appearance of exam rooms at all times.
- Attends required meetings and educational sessions as directed. Attends lead nurse meeting as directed and communicates all follow up information to staff. Works at all times to promote teamwork within and among all CP locations.
- Lead Coordinator; Mentor and coordinate activities and functions of Children s Physician s offices to ensure effective, efficient, and continuity of high quality operations in collaboration with Lead RN s.
- Provide initial and ongoing education of processes and standards.
- Ensures accountability for performance objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables, and commitment s.
- Assists in monitoring clinical operations, quality metrics, patient satisfaction and outputs making recommendations and implementing changes that adjust operations to meet goals.
- Provides input on and assists on new Lead Nurse interview and selection. Mentoring new employees in reference to new orientation, training, corrective action/progressive discipline. Providing employee performance feedback as necessary.
- Collaborates with Medical Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Physicians, Providers and clinical staff concerning continuity of care, supplies, and up to date industry practices to ensure quality of care.
- Ensure Interpretation of CP goals, objectives and policies for staff is consistent throughout Children s Physician s offices.
- Act as a point of contact for policy clarification, review, and continuous implementation.
- Perform Value Analysis of supplies, medications, vaccines and daily operations.
- Attend workflow discussion meetings, as needed.
- Collaborate with construction manager, office manager and supply vendors for new office buildings to maintain consistency within Children s Physicians.
- Develop and maintain consistent medical equipment, medication, vaccine and supply organization within all Children s Physicians offices.
- Coordinate with Medical, Vaccine and Drug representatives; to evaluate contracting, requests for proposals, quality and workflow changes.
- Collaborate and ensure consistent implementation of care flows that reflect best industry practice including the validation of workflows and identification and addressing of gaps.
- Accounting and Finance
- Work with accounting and finance to troubleshoot discrepancies with equipment, supplies and vaccines.
- Provide support and assistance with system implementation rollout, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Assist with system go-lives as requested including assisting with testing system and training end-users.
- Assist billing with issues related to vaccine errors
- Completes assigned projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Receive requests, prioritize, and develop achievable timelines as necessary
- Assist in developing strategies for process improvement and implement when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization.
- Excellent clinical skills providing direct and indirect nursing care in an office setting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to type, navigate an electronic system, and adapt to changes in workflows as they occur.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university in nursing required; 5 years experience in a lead or supervisory role may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of three years experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in EPIC preferred.
- Current and valid RN license for the state of Nebraska/or Compact license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current Certified Pediatric Nurse Certification required.
Special Job Requirements
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) may be required for some personnel.
- Non-Violent crisis intervention training required, every two years.
- A valid driver s license and an acceptable motor vehicle/driving record required.