Job ID: 232379
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America.. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
Reporting to the Group President and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Group VP will be responsible for the development of the Group's financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the Group's strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing policies and procedures in both finance and general operations that promote company culture and vision. This is an outstanding opportunity for an operational executive with finance experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high performance, growth orientated organization.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work with the Group President on developing, communicating, implementing and managing the strategic vision.
- Business partner - providing insight and independent perspectives related to all aspects of the business. Challenging assumptions in order to drive sustainable results, realigning direction that does not support the Group strategic plans. Providing support and oversight of all functional processes and people to achieve and promote division. Taking responsibility for teams to deliver as promised.
- Develop strong business, market and industry understanding.
- Support drive for performance improvement and execution.
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support for the evaluation of monthly results, forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, capital expenditures, contracts and acquisitions and other relevant issues affecting the business.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Recommend and lead new efforts to improve management and financial performance.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or other related fields; MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years managerial/leadership experience in a role leading a team of professionals.
- Manufacturing and/or construction background along with multi-unit operations experience highly desired.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity and trust.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Business acumen in manufacturing, distribution and/or construction operations.
- Strong action orientation and drive for results.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change.
- The ability to lead effective teams and develop direct reports.
- Travel 25%
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Decision Quality - Makes good and timely decision that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives Results - Passion to exceed expectations and lead others to achieve.
- Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Drives Vision and Purpose - Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Develops Talent - Select, develop and hold team accountable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, e-mail communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require periodically lifting objects up to 30 lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH's Americas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.