Teknor Apex Company is an international custom compounder sought out by companies around the world. After a nearly hundred-year journey that's carried us through acquisitions and expansion, we now have nine U.S. locations, as well as operations in Belgium, Singapore, Germany, and China
Throughout this global expansion, Teknor has remained a privately held company maintaining the family's tradition of fostering deep customer relationships. These relationships are what allow us-together-to deliver customized compound solutions and help you create better products.
Teknor Apex is in need of an experienced and resourceful Business Development Manager for our Vinyl business to develop and implement growth opportunities in existing and new markets. We're searching for a professional that has a solid track record of developing new business and creating long-term value for organizations. We're looking for a leader who can identify adjacent and new pipeline opportunities, project manage the development tollgates and commercialize new business with urgency. If you are customer and market obsessed, pushing yourself and your business to bring new solutions to the market, we would like to talk with you about this exciting role.
* Identify, research and qualify new opportunities to build a robust opportunity pipeline.
* Develop and direct activities for new business opportunities at identified Customers, applications and markets. Develop compelling value propositions, product positioning and cost effective solutions to enable Customer success.
* Collaborate with Technical, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Manufacturing the overall requirements for successful commercialization of new markets, applications and customers.
* Effectively project manages assigned pipeline opportunities, new product/market projects and marketing launches.
* Develop and execute new business development strategies in order to expand Teknor's revenue, margin, volume and position.
* Increase the value of Teknor's Specialty product portfolio to meet annual financial plans.
* Build and manage effective relationships with Customers, partners and internal stakeholders. Manage assigned market and customer relationships to maximize customer and market potential including revenue, contribution, volume, and market share.
* Manage and implement post-sale processes to ensure implementation and follow-up, including marketing communications and sales training.
* Attend and work various trade shows, builds and maintains effective industry networks in support of business development and new market objectives.
* 10+ years of business development or market development experience
* Four year degree in a field of study such as chemistry, engineering or marketing. MBA preferred.
* Experience in plastics or materials sales, marketing and/or business development
* Experience in developing materials solutions for business in manufacturing centric conversion channels including extrusion, injection molding, films, coatings, composites
* Experience with developing new business in specialty, value based markets and applications preferred.
* Electrical & electronics including wire & cable, medical, weatherable/exterior markets experience valuable. Experience with emerging mega trends such as 5G, IOT, EV/AV & Green materials/Circular Economy is also valuable.