Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Network & Infrastructure Engineer in the Digital Transformation Services and Technology (DTST) organization.
The ability to drive human progress through technology relies on robust and reliable IT infrastructure - and that's what our IT Infrastructure team provides to our customers. We're a team of experts optimizing the performance and integrity of IT infrastructure and ensuring consistency and synchronization across all infrastructure components. Alongside supporting new and existing applications, we work with other IT groups and business units to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Design networking solutions for all the global labs with local availability to support the primary lab in Austin, TX. This includes hands on work with Dell switches, InfiniBand switches, F5 load balancers, Sonic and Palo Alto firewalls, and various other networking devices.
- Apply understanding of WLAN/LAN/SAN internetworking design elements including protocol interoperability to lead efforts for network architecture development.
- Support remote access methods including iDRAC, KVM's, Horizon VDI, and other technologies to enable communication to the Lab as a Service equipment.
- Administer VMware Cloud Foundation components which include vSphere, Virtual SAN, and NSX-T.
- Implement infrastructure automation efforts in support of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to modernize application development workflows.
- Requires 8+ years of related production data center experience or a bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of modern networking technologies and contemporary security practices across production data centers and cloud environments.
- Strong Understanding of network overlays with specific emphasis on VMware NSX-T.
- Experience with the creation and administration of VPN Tunnels.
- Ability to support Storage connectivity across ISCSI and Fiber solutions in the lab.
- Demonstrated automation experience with preference for VMware vSphere vRealize Automation.
- Experience with a configuration management solution with either Ansible, Puppet, or related technology.
- Experience with containers and microservices (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with developers, architects, and corporate IT team members.
- Strong customer communication when working through incidents, outages, and change requests.
- Lifetime learner with a willingness to drive the adoption of new technologies and processes.
- Usage of Service Now, JIRA, and Confluence for ticketing and documentation.
- Knowledge of Agile Kanban concepts.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .