Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, Internet and voice company. We?re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter's business strategy and it's the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Advanced Engineering department resides in the Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO and oversees the design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Develops Test Automation code to assist in regression testing of configuration changes for device activation. Assists in providing QA testing as needed.
Develops software to following design and architecture as set by the architecture team. Conducts code reviews of junior developers to ensure quality of delivery. Regularly develops software and unit tests according to acceptance criteria set by the product owner. Development of API's which handle provisioning and configuration of CPE devices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Participates in network planning, development design and engineering.
Performs troubleshoot of developed API's/software for problem resolution.
Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
Develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
Provides escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors.
Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
Coaches less experienced staff.
Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
Knows, understands and follows company policy.
Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Cisco CNR/PNR: configuration of IPv4/IPv6 scopes/prefixes in Front End interface as well as backend; logging and system troubleshooting
- CNR/PNR DEX extension development in C to handle custom scope selection and logic flows
- RDU development in Groovy/Java for L-CHTR devices
- DOCSIS and DPOE configuration generation via DTFTP and DPE, development in Lua
- Device Management (Ruby/Perl) for device manipulation, analytics, and interfacing with IT/billing systems like DSB/DSD
- IP2MAC/Leaselogger lease state systems (Python/Perl)
- General RedHat systems administration and troubleshooting
- CMTS administration for analysis of upstream device boot processes
- Knowledge of OSI model and certain cable-specific RFCs/TRs
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience/Number Of Years
Network software engineering experience/5
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
May work in Network Lab environment
Depending on business group, on-call work may be an essential function of the job.
Occasional travel as required