For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the forefront of the New Food industry providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean label, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of Non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client, and product at a time.Job Summary
Play a key role in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a set of ASP.Net-based enterprise applications and services, including requirements definition and design for user interfaces, data models and infrastructure enhancements to meet client requirements, primarily using c#, Entity Framework, MVC, SQL, JSON, Telerik, Angular, .NET Core, Azure, and Web Services
- Design user interface elements and data models consistent with the rest of the application to meet requirements and implement in SQL server and entity framework.
- Develop web pages using .net dynamic data, custom web controls, CSS and ajax.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the application framework by refining existing features and identifying opportunities to add new ones.
The ideal candidate has the following background.
- Degree in Computer Science with 6-8 years of experience or equivalent level of proficiency.
- Extensive experience developing .net data-driven web applications using sql server, and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience writing TSQL SPs, UDFs, and triggers for batch processing of data.
- Experience with n-tier application architecture, enterprise application patterns and a strong interest in industry best practices
- Experience using entity framework, ajax, CSS, MVC, Angular, and .net webforms. Experience with .net dynamic data a plus.
- Proven ability to implement large, complex feature sets and contribute to design decisions, pacing the effort to make sure project milestones are met with quality.
- Understanding of common software development lifecycles including agile/scrum development, with an ability to contribute to implementing best practices.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment which values innovation
Working experience with one or more of the following preferred
- SSMS 18, SQL Profiler, Reporting Services.
- Azure, App Services, Azure Functions, Application Insights
- Visual Studio Team Services (Microsoft DevOps), Git
- Subclassing Telerik web controls for additional functionality.
- RESTful Web Services and .net Web Framework
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance - comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage options available for staff and their families
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance for each Employee
- Voluntary Life Insurance available for staff and their families
- 401K plan, including company match after 1 year of employment
- Paid time off (PTO), including holidays
- Paid Bereavement, Jury Duty, and Parental Leave
FoodChain ID, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.- provided by Dice