Primary Location: 1550 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215473
Cox Communications is seeking a New Build National Account Manager highly experienced in Business Development and Large Account Management. This role will personally negotiate long term, complex national contracts with the Top 25 Builders using their deep understanding of emerging technologies. This leader will identify opportunities to maintain and grow revenue for assigned portfolio using a highly consultative sales approach. Develops strong networks with boundary partners and top executives in the MDU community.
Defines and implements the wholesale account strategy for assigned national strategic accounts; collaborates with the broader team to execute plans and tactics. Account strategy includes the establishment of Executive Account briefings, facilitates top to top executive meetings, show/event presence, and driving of media/PR visibility. Provides leadership, vision, and initially, dotted line development for the account executives establishing relationships with National Account customers locally for the purpose of satisfying customers and exceeding company revenue objectives. Helps set objectives for Account Executives to ensure achievement of National Account Strategy goals by monitoring performance, providing training, feedback, coaching, counseling, and evaluating performance.
New Build National Account Managers support 4 to 7 of our largest accounts ranging from $20-$35M. This leader will personally negotiate complex long-term agreements with top executives.Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for the national relationship with assigned customers; identifying opportunities to maintain and grow revenue to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the account revenue base and identifies the appropriate course of action needed to protect and grow it.
- Defines and implements the wholesale account strategy for assigned national strategic accounts; collaborates with the broader team to execute plans and tactics. Account strategy includes the establishment of Executive Account briefings, facilitating top to top executive meetings, show/event presence, and driving of media/PR visibility.
- Provides leadership, vision, and initially, dotted line development for the account executives establishing relationships with National Account customers locally for the purpose of satisfying customers and exceeding company revenue objectives.
- Helps set objectives for Account Executives to ensure achievement of National Account Strategy goals by monitoring performance, providing training, feedback, coaching, counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Cultivates executive-level relationships within customers organization, develops and delivers presentations as needed.
- Supports and leads competitive field efforts through the implementation of acquisition and win-back tactics as directed. Proactively identifies strategies and plans to address competitor activity in a very fluid, competitive market. Remains current on competitor activities, pricing, and product offerings, negotiation offers to highlight CCIs competitive advantages.
- Partners closely with Field Sales and Business Operations on planning and budgeting for functions. Partners with Pricing and Marketing to finalize profitable target offers and specials for large MDU customers.
- Serves as primary contact and escalation point for assigned National Accounts ensuring timely resolution of issues, build out, product delivery and relationship strength.
- Analyzes Return on Investment of various business scenarios; ensures that decisions align with CCIs best interests. Develops business cases to support recommendations.
- Develops and administers sales plans including identification of objectives and action programs to achieve overall business goals. Conducts tactical planning, standardized reporting, and feedback on effectiveness of existing sales plans.
- Work with Product Management & MDU Marketing to improve experience and drive increased resident /property owner loyalty.
- Work across internal and external teams to develop strategies, identify best practices and recommend improvements to training, systems and processes.
- Develops strong relationships with C-level officers (internal and external customers)
- 8+ years of experience required in large customer sales (MDU experience preferred).
- 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above).
- 5+ years business-to-business new business development experience.
- Experience with various Industry Events like NMHC, NAA and Broadband Properties.
- Strong executive presence with polished presentation and negotiation skills.
- Familiar with current Industry trends and competitive pressures
- Proven ability to collaborate with all affected internal teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and deal well with conflict.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative.
- Experience in complex large customer negotiations and sales.
- BA/BS degree in marketing/communications/business highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret business to business contracts.
- Good working knowledge of communications technologies
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.