Requisition ID: 66157
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven. About the Position
Works with Global Communications to develop consistent brand representation across all Goodyear internal communications channels, aligning closely with community engagement & external communication teams as needed. The Multimedia Graphic Designer must be able to translate client needs and communications strategies in clear design execution, delivering on multi-channel campaigns. The Mutlimedia Graphic Designer should be able to articulate and pitch design concepts with audience understanding and knowledge of the business. This position collaborate across stakeholders to design high-quality visual concepts across a variety of programs and mediums including digital/social, video, PPT, Word, inDesign and more.
- Proactively works with Global Communications clients and team members to develop engaging and functional graphics for internal and external use in web, social media, digital signage and print applications - including stand-alone images and infographics. Collaborates with directors, managers and executive-level clients to deliver high-quality design concepts and art direction for multichannel campaigns. Illustrate concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy to present to clients for review.
- Maintains graphic standards and brand integrity. Makes recommendations in the development and evolution of Goodyear brand including logo architecture, brand identity, brand guidelines and brand applications. Consults on art direction of internal assets including photography and videos with a strong sense of typography, color and composition.
- Works through client revisions and requests in a positive and flexible manner. Obtains approval of proposed concepts and finalizes project materials for distribution.
- Completes design projects by coordinating with internal communication team members, Creative Services, IT and outside agencies, as required. Ensures project timeliness, quality and client satisfaction.
- Creates, schedules and publishes content for global digital signs. Manages internal global sign request system and coordinates global digital sign editorial calendar. Supports development of clear processes for project requests, workflow and scheduling.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual design, communication design or related required, Master's degree in design desired.
- 5+ years of experience in design/marketing/communication.
- Strong understanding of how visual design contributes to overall brand identity.
- Familiarity with leading graphics industry trends, applications, etc.
- Ability to use both Macintosh & PC computers & proficient in various software packages including but not limited to MS Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher & the Adobe Creative Suite-Photoshop, Light room, illustrator, InDesign, premiere pro, after effects, audition, animate, acrobat & Dreamweaver.
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic creative vision and ability to articulate design concepts.
- Ability to be nimble and work in a fast-paced setting that requires multitasking and organization.
- Must have above average computer and software skills. Must understand graphic file formats (.eps, .tiff, .jpg, etc.) & when to use which depending on the project as well as the Pantone Color Matching systems, proportional scale tools, etc.
- Customer-focused attitude, with flexibility in approach and attention to detail.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at .
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland Job Segment: Outside Sales, QA, Quality Assurance, Sales, Technology, Quality