Who is RHP Properties?
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, RHP Properties is the nation's largest private owner and operator of manufactured home communities. With more than 290 communities throughout 28 states, we continue to expand our footprint to provide accessible and affordable housing across the country. All of this would not be possible without the energy and drive of our talented employees! We invest in our employees, with regular training, opportunities for advancement, and fun events to bring everyone together.
We are presently seeking an individual who will manage the administration of a portfolio of manufactured home communities near Naperville, IL in an efficient and profitable manner including mentoring and motivating team members to meet goals while maintaining community appearance; resident satisfaction; sales; occupancy; revenue generation; and cost control.
As a successful Regional Manager, you will:
- Ensure the Community Manager is depositing daily rent collections, pursuing delinquent rents, implementing scheduled rent increases and performing evictions within State and Company guidelines.
- Hire, train, and motivate the Community Manager to ensure deadlines are met and Company Policies and Procedures are followed. Administer discipline with proper documentation.
- Demonstrate leadership in corporate attitude, communication skills, and professional appearance. Exemplify strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Make regular and periodic visits to communities; inspect the community grounds, community buildings, and community-owned homes to ensure they are maintained in a clean and presentable manner. Identify any unusual activity, and recommend areas for improvement.
- Process, approve, and forward in a timely manner all documents related to accounts payable to the Corporate Office.
- Maintain and approve onsite employees' timesheets, time-off requests, and records to coordinate accurate compensation and benefits. Communicate new assignments and policy changes to the onsite staff. Inform the HR department, in a timely manner, of any position changes and promotions. Perform staff reviews annually as directed by corporate.
- Work with the Community Managers in analyzing and preparing meaningful explanation to the monthly budget variance reports (BVR). Analyze monthly BVR to identify unfavorable variances and trends and work with the Community Manager to create an action plan to control, reduce, and eliminate these variances. Assist in the creation of operating budgets.
- Review and analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly reports and address any incorrect data, inconsistencies or issues you discovered with the Community Manager. Ensure the Community Manager is analyzing these reports and is prepared to explain any issues you discovered and is taking the necessary steps to correct in the future.
- Assist the Community Manager in managing accidents, emergency situations, and immediate mechanical needs and ensure the proper reports are submitted to Corporate in a timely manner.
- Remain aware of safety issues and administer constant corrective measures to ensure a safe working and living environment of all residents and team members.
- Ensure all information is entered accurately and completely into the management software within a timely manner.
- Understand the market by performing regular market studies in which communities are located to develop marketing strategies that will increase the number of revenue-producing sites. Ensure the promotions are in line with the marketplace.
- Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist with correspondence of third parties including but not limited to lenders, insurance carriers, agents, etc.
- Offer recommendations on improving the financial performance of the property to the COO and manage the implementation of the approved recommendations.
- Always stay focused on retention. Physical Move-Outs are a top priority always. Work with CM's to ensure they are selling the benefits of our listing program and that they are tracking the current FSBO's
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years of multisite management experience required; management of manufactured home communities preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or college certification preferred; HS Diploma or GED required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Valid operator's license, access to a vehicle, and the ability to travel to between communities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Management Skills: Team Building, Coaching, Decisiveness, Leadership, Motivation, Planning and Organizing, Decision Making, and Conflict Management and Resolution.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of financial statements and financial analysis.
- Experience with structured reporting, deadline criteria, market surveys and rent increase notice deadlines.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation plus commissions and bonuses. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending; and 401K.