MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Michael Page has partnered with a Investment Group looking to add an experienced Multifamily Asset manager to their team to manage their US equity portfolio.
Reputable Investment Group with a large nationwide real estate portfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates and assists in formulating the annual business plan for the assigned multi-family debt and equity placements comprising the portfolio by establishing revenue, expense NOI and other key financial and operating targets, developing the annual capital and operating budgets, and formulating strategies that drive operations and financial performance of the portfolio.
- Reviews, monitors, and reports on the multi-family and development portfolio's performance against budget and investment proforma by analyzing monthly operating and income statements, researching and taking appropriate actions to address variances, managing and monitoring cash flow, and preparing monthly and quarterly client portfolio/performance reports.
- Communicates with and closely interacts with the VP of Asset Management and on-site team members to monitor the daily operation of the portfolio by developing strategies and programs that maximize the performance of the portfolio.
- Manages and oversees the multi-family portfolio's compliance with the established debt and equity providers, develops and provides reports to the investment principals and equity partners, monitors investment performance, returns and forecasts through financial modeling, and recommends ways for optimizing returns at the asset level.
- Gathers, complies and analyzes market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the multi-family portfolio, prepares and delivers presentations and updates to investment principal/investment committee, and participates in formulating the long-term disposition and exit strategy for the assets.
- Leads and executes the implementation of revenue-enhancing and expense containments programs and initiatives of the property level, monitors resident turnover and satisfaction indicators, and identifies and acts on opportunities to drive operational excellence in the operation of the communities
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Real Estate required.
- 8+ years of Prior MULTIFAMILY Operations/ Asset Management experience managing a large portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to read and, write and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, investors, executives and other business contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to present compelling and persuasive presentations, and effectively manage relationships with clients, equity partners, team members and business leaders.
- Strong background and comprehension of the real estate industry and in particular, property management, with a solid understanding of property-level operations, marketing, and asset management.
- Highly analytical and metrics driven with creativity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Competitive base pay + performance based bonus
- Health care coverage and 401K match
- Dynamic Working