At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Are you a smart, curious, self-motivated professional with a passion for multifamily real estate? If so, Freddie Mac might be the employer for you! We are looking a Multifamily Asset Management Senior Analyst to join the Structured Transactions group. This group falls within Special Servicing and handles asset management related functions for our most complex portfolio and securitized assets, including MF bond transactions. These bond transactions represent a multi-billion-dollar, long term portfolio exposure to Freddie Mac but also represent a significant commitment to some of Freddie Mac's most meaningful corporate affordability objectives. The hired candidate will analyze, process and manage a variety of consent requests, complete underwriting analysis, and work with legal counsel as appropriate. In addition, this person will exercise delegated approval authority for certain credit decisions on regular requests and recommend to management for circumstances that exceed their respective levels of authority.
Your work will fall into 2 primary categories:
- Analyze, process and manage complex transactions, complete underwriting analysis on borrower requests such as: loan assumptions, collateral substitutions, easements and other industry standard performing loan requests
- Handle and process multiple requests simultaneously utilizing keen organizational skills and a high level of efficiency
- Support initiatives for the team
- Support the process of reviewing and analyzing loan level financial and operating property information
- Coordinate with external Servicers on post-closing Borrower consent requests and collateral changes
- Lead loan compliance efforts for given deal securitizations by working with Servicers to acquire information, then sharing details with all relevant internal parties
- Provide superior customer service while managing a large volume of requests
- Communicate effectively with Servicers and internal partners
- Typically has 5-7+ years of relative experience in commercial real estate finance and asset management
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to efficiently manage large volumes of requests and be a flexible teammate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products specifically Excel and Word
- Proven ability to work accurately on projects with specific goals and measurable deadlines
- Experience building and maintaining positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
- LIHTC experience is a plus
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Interest in continuing to develop asset management skills; passionate about a variety of complex financing structures or unstabilized assets
- Exposure to a national MF real estate portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and be proactive; must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex legal documents
- Experience with financial analysis and valuation
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:MF Asset Management
FLSA Status:Exempt - provided by Dice