Join the team that's changing the mortgage industry. Interfirst Mortgage Company (IMC) is a retail & wholesale lender originating more than $35B of residential mortgages. Our leadership team has over 100 years of mortgage, sales/marketing, and consumer-related experience, with a 2020 business objective to grow our Retail production. We are transforming the way consumers obtain residential mortgages and our technology is paving the way for licensed loan officers to shine. Our new, modern HQ in Rosemont is located near major transportation hubs, entertainment, and dining options and includes the latest tech and amenities.
Mortgage Sr. Underwriter Remote/Telecommute Position - Signing Bonus
- Perform mortgage credit analysis to determine borrower's ability to pay
- Knowledge of secondary market guidelines, including FNMA/FHLMC, verify data against documentation for income, assets, credit, property
- Review fraud reports and title document system as required, complete checklists and summaries
- Maintain service level objectives
- Respond to underwriting questions from internal and external customers
- Provide training to new hires, as needed, assist closing and post-closing as required
- Other duties as required by management
- College degree preferred
- Recent mortgage underwriting experience required
- Must have experience recruiting in the mortgage industry
- 5 years underwriting conventional and jumbo loans
- Experience with LOS systems, as well as DU/LP, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, ability to work independently
Interfirst Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, status in the military, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status or any other basis or reason prohibited by any applicable law.