Under general supervision of the VP Mortgage Lending Operations, Underwriting and Loan Servicing , the Mortgage Operations Manager guides and directs staff and operations of the Mortgage Department to achieve Nuvision's goals by assuring Mortgage loans are underwritten, processed, funded, and sold to Secondary Market accurately, timely, and consistent with member expectations and all regulatory compliance requirements. Oversees the evaluation of residential loan applications and supporting documentation of income, assets, credit and property (1-4 family) to determine program eligibility. Assist in underwriting loan and grants credit approval. Assists in reviewing files for completeness and identifies critical missing information. Assists in evaluating the degree and seriousness of data discrepancies and analyzes loan structure to ensure loan complies with investor guidelines. Directly manages, Loan Set-up, Post-Closing, Loan Underwriters, Loan Processors and Funders. The manager encourages teamwork, communication, innovative ideas and positive attitudes. In addition to ensuring consistency and accuracy in the work produced in the department, this helps to deliver our promise to our members to help them exceed their financial expectations.
- Organize, coordinate and delegate workload and deadlines for assigned staff. Efficiently manage the pipeline to ensure all loans are moving expediently. Provide direction and oversight of work performed. Manage and coordinate activities according to established policies and procedures. Recommend, communicate, and implement department operating policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines. Develop and implement controls to ensure consistency and accuracy. Monitor internal systems and processes to ensure that all procedures are consistent with the Credit Union's objectives for quality control. Evaluate and implement new forms, processes, and procedures to streamline lending support operations and improve efficiencies. Conduct and/or supervise staff training and cross training on all aspects of Mortgage processing, underwriting, funding, and selling in the secondary market and loan delivery. Respond to and resolve member calls and issues escalated from staff.
- Administer Credit Union human resource policies in a consistent manner throughout the department. Supervise, coach, mentor, and motivate staff through one on one meetings, performance management, disciplinary action, development and delegation. Assist VP by participating in the recruitment and selection of staff, and recommending promotions and transfers. Address performance issues through staff counseling and administering appropriate disciplinary action. Assist the manager with determining and establishing department and employee goals and monitor individual and department progress toward goal attainment. Conducts monthly one-on-ones with staff. Completes and delivers annual Performance Appraisals.
- Performs Set-up, Processing, Underwriting, Funding and Post Closing functions when volume dictates or filling in for other staff members in their absence.
- Develop and monitor pertinent loan reports to measure staff productivity, loan volumes, loan fundings, and maintain appropriate logs to track and/or audit all loan corrections, Mortgage (HELOC) rate changes and/or research processes. Assists in the review of HMDA reporting Also, assists in the review of the quarterly HMDA Lar;
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities. Provides assistance for testing changes and/or additions to loan products. Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner. Maintains member, team members and other sensitive information with confidentiality. Treats co-workers and members with respect.
- Assumes full responsibility for and represents the Mortgage Operations department in the absence of the department VP, including portfolio loan scenario requests.
- Stays current and informed of all regulatory compliance changes.
- Contributes to and updates procedures for processes as needed.
- Supports member relations and events that promotes member centric experiences.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Financial Services industry related to mortgage loan operations and mortgage set-up, underwriting, processing, funding, including 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of all mortgage loan products, policies, procedures, underwriting, processing, funding, post-closing and delivery methods. Mortgage compliance.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, listening, and written communication skills.
Demonstrates sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Demonstrates ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
Strong management skills and effective team building and demonstrated ability to empower, coach and mentor diverse work group.
Tolerance for time pressure deadlines and the ability to manage a large volume of work and multiple priorities with no direct supervision.
FHA Certification/LAPP certification/USDA Certification
Education/work equivalence to a 2 year college degree or completion of a specialized course study or trade school