The tests performed by the Molecular Technician involve DNA extraction, qPCR, and data analysis. The tech will also have to utilize the LIMS system to process patient data and results. The position will focus on SARS-CoV-2 (COVID19) patient testing. They must be comfortable working with infectious materials and have experience handling biohazardous materials. Proficiency with wet lab activities, computers, robotics, and sample tracking are critical to success. Key Responsibilities:
* Carry out molecular biology experiments following established SOP and/or guidance of laboratory management
* Receive test samples according to SOPs
* Perform DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, and gel QC per SOPs
* Perform PCR, PCR clean up, and DNA sequencing per SOPs
* Report experimental results to project managers in a timely manner
* Follow established quality management policies and GLP and GMP practices
* Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in related scientific field
- Lab experience with PCR and DNA/RNA extraction (can be from an academic lab)
- Extensive pipetting experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.