Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US
Date Posted: 2021-10-12
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Military Modeling and Simulations Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support the mission areas of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC).
The scope of work for the position includes modeling and simulation for virtual and constructive simulation of military operations, software design and development directly related to the integration of tactical and simulation systems, and experimentation and analysis support for operations research and systems analysis. The candidate will work in a collaborative agile team environment consisting of defense industry contractors and U.S. Government personnel.
- Facilitate the integration of live, virtual, and constructive simulations, image generators, data loggers and viewers, and battle command systems
- Implement conceptual models developed by subject matter experts into simulations such as OneSAF and IDEEAS with the intent to understand the capabilities of the systems being modeled and their effects on military operations.
- Support short and long haul cross-domain experimentation and exercises by preparing and integrating the required systems within a federation.
- Plan and execute modeling and simulation systems development projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of demonstrated experience in military modeling and simulation in live, virtual, and constructive environments; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with force-on-force battlefield environment simulations such as OneSAF.
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools and image generators such as the MAK Data Logger, VBS3/4, and NVIG.
- Experience with battle command systems such as FBCB2, JBC-P, TAK, and Link-16.
- Experience with complex battlefield scenario development.
- Programming experience with Java, R, Python, C++, or C#.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Graduate of Army BOLC and CCC (or Warrant Officer Equivalent) for Air Defense Artillery or Aviation Branches.
- U.S. Army Functional Area 57 or 49 certified.
- Military experience in the Air Defense, Missile, or Army Aviation communities.
- Experience with virtual and constructive simulation of air defense and aviation systems within military, combined-arms, and operations.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .