Purpose of Job CANDIDATE MAY WORK IN THE SAN ANTONIO, TX HOME OFFICE AND/OR REMOTE WILL BE CONSIDERED
Develop and analyze data to predict business results or member behavior. Technically proficient in statistics, mathematics, and tools used in predictive modeling. Partner cross-functionally with business to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Develop, enhance and support implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support forecasting, member behavior based scoring and other business applications.
- Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems.
- Proficient in the model development process and builds relationships with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support.
- Understands the model lifecycle management process with ability to apply to models.
- Monitor statistical model performance and provide technical guidance to business leadership.
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field or
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (8yrs total experience in lieu of a degree)
A Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field
A PhD in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field
- 4 or more years related work experience in statistical analysis and model development.
If a master s degree, 2 or more years related experience in statistical model development
If a Ph.D., 1 or more years related experience in statistical model development
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data sources
- Proficient knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
- Proficient knowledge in 2 or more statistical techniques (Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Factor analysis experimental design and hypothesis testing)
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- In-depth understanding, both theory and practice, of classical modeling techniques as well as machine learning and artificial intelligence modeling techniques
- Familiarity with Federal Reserve Supervisory and Regulatory Letter SR 11-7 (Supervisory Guidance on Model Risk Management)
- Experience with model governance and review, including model deficiency identification and remediation, independent testing, ongoing performance monitoring, and compensating controls in all aspects of the model lifecycle
- Experience with taking third-party, vendor models through model validation process
- Understanding of risk processes and controls
- Project management skills, including ability to manage an inventory of multiple models at various stages of the lifecycle
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/13/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.