At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We?re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking a Mid-Level Manufacturing Engineer ? Electronics Center of Excellence located in Huntsville, LA. The selected candidate will be responsible for creating work instructions for circuit card manufacturing, in addition to supporting defect resolutions and repair.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement production and tooling methodologies
- Participate on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines
- Develop, identify and implement conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build
- Lead and implement manufacturing plans
- Conduct producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements
- Assist in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices
- Analyze design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions
- Resolve technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule
- Coordinate and implement new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts
- Validate and ensure production readiness of solutions to complex problems
- Implement lean principles and technologies
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in Electronics, Fabrication, or Manufacturing
- 3+ years of experience working with and/or interpreting engineering data or engineering drawings
- 3+ years of experience authoring work instructions in a production assembly type environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Nonconformance Processing
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
This position is for 1st shift.