The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services and Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we've grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of ClearSpan Structures and GrowSpan Greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites. We are seeking a hard-working Metal Building Sales Specialist who has great closing skills and the passion to exceed sales goals.
The Metal Building Sales Specialist will focus on contacting warm sales leads for metal buildings to convert to order, while utilizing sales skills and a wide range of technological resources to earn project commitments. They will also interact with customers through telephone, email, video conference applications, and face-to-face meetings when appropriate. Join an expanding National Sales Team and work with owners in the Commercial, Agriculture, and Athletics Industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contact and qualify new Sales Leads for Metal Buildings
- Work with Estimators to provide and Present Estimates, then Close Business
- Ability to craft solutions for a wide range of Industries, including Commercial, Agricultural, and Athletics
- Travel to customer sites and Industry Trade Shows (25-40% Travel expected).
- Ability to effectively communicate key benefits to Sales Prospects via phone, email, and during in-person meetings. (Training to be provided in Structure Product Lines and Key Industries Served.)
- Must work well in a collaborative Team Environment. Frequent collaboration with Engineers and Project Managers
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 1-2 years + experience selling Metal Buildings
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate