Aerotek is currently partnering with a company in immediate need of a Mechanical/ Project Engineering Opportunity!
- Provide supervision and checking of Engineering submittals, technical documents and O&M manuals for projects; be able to produce submittals independently when required.
- Plan and execute project execution activities with other members of the team to assure on time and on budget deliveries for individual & concurrent tasks.
- Size FRP tanks, ductwork, structural steel, and other components per project requirements; evaluate materials of construction and suitability for applications.
- Perform equipment design calculations for equipment sizing.
- Review construction bid specifications to determine project requirements, equipment compliance, materials of construction.
- Communicate clearly with engineers, customers and suppliers regarding project issues and to maintain project progress for all stakeholders.
- Communicate with equipment suppliers regarding equipment design and serviceability issues; enact corrective actions where necessary.
- Chair project meetings, assign tasks and post meeting notes.
- Review sales, submittal, and fabrication drawings.
- Prepare bills of materials (BOMs) to delineate equipment included in a project.
- Create and review Piping and Instrumentation (P&ID) diagrams.
- Review electrical drawings and electrical bill of materials (EBOMs) for accuracy.
- Occasional travel to suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers for equipment compliance inspection and FAT.
- Occasional travel to job sites in North America and International locations for pre-award meetings and post-award installation reviews.
- May assign other assignments for which you are deemed capable.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Environmental Engineering from an accredited college/university required plus a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar project engineering role (either municipal wastewater or oil & gas/chemical industries a plus)
- Experience with managing of individual projects from engineering, fabrication and delivery preferred; managing task lists & deadlines required.
- Experience extracting requirements from large, construction industry type specifications is preferred.
- Experience using Solidworks required.
- Proficiency with computers and MS Office software required; MS Project experience a plus.
- Have strong organizational, documentation, and writing skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Have a professional aptitude & positive "can do" attitude
- Have good command of the English language
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.