*Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. is a well-established refuse and recycling collection company serving over fifteen municipalities throughout Southern California and employing over 1200 full time employees. Burrtec continues to grow through co. acquisitions and successful bid proposals. Burrtec is a family owned company that firmly believes the key element to our success is knowing how important each employee is in the organization. We are currently seeking a Mechanic for our San Bernardino Division.*
Under limited supervision, performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment; performs related work as assigned.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES: *
* Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment.
* Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
* Prepares and maintains records and reports.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: *
* Methods, materials, tools and techniques used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance.
* Diagnosing mechanical problems and performing repairs. Safety practices and procedures.
Working knowledge of:
* Mechanical design and fabrication.
* Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
* Use of power and hand tools.
* Use of diagnostic equipment.
* Acetylene and electric arc welding.
* Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
* Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
* Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field on a 24-hour basis.
* Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
* Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
* Prepare and maintain records and reports.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
* Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications.
* Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
*TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: *
* Within the last 10 years, five years of experience and/or training in vehicle/construction equipment repair and maintenance shop.
* Must have experience with International, Cummins, CNG / LNG and / or Diesel engines.
* Or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
* Must be able to perform heavy lifting up to 75lbs.
* Physically demanding.
* Work overhead and underneath equipment.
*WORKING CONDITIONS: *
* Will be exposed to outdoor weather heat, cold, rain, wind.
* Will be exposed to moderate levels of noise and dust.
*We provide competitive salary commensurate upon experience, and EXCELLENT benefits package including 401K and 100% paid medical/dental/life insurance and holidays/vacations/PSLs.*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.30 - $30.15 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* International, Cummins, CNG / LNG and / or Diesel engines: 1 year (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
* One location