Apply Now Client Overview:
Our client is renowned for designing and building custom yachts that embrace meaningful innovations, seamlessly integrate state-of-the-art technology and incorporate exquisite craftsmanship that reflects their customer's style.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
The Marine Engineer is responsible for adding appropriate level of detail to the 3D Model, creating 2D detailed production drawings, creating the Bill of Materials (BOM's), and providing production support for mechanical issues. The Marine Engineer also specifies equipment and materials needed. The Marine Engineer is responsible for reviewing, coordinating and executing documents and activities to ensure that projects will be completed and delivered within the framework of the Yacht Construction Agreement and Specifications, within budget and schedule parameters, and within Company quality requirements and expectations
- Works Convert 3D model and external Engineering drawings to production drawings using the appropriate software (Rhino, AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.)
- Creates structural and resilient mount for machinery foundations
- Create mechanical system diagrams and arrangement in accordance with contractual requirements incorporating company standards
- Investigate new equipment design concepts by researching components or systems and evaluating applications
- Specify mechanical equipment in accordance with contractual and engineering requirements.
- Enter appropriate equipment onto the Bill of Materials
- Develops project specific Design Briefs and deliverables for the mechanical systems
- Helps coordinate and manages the adherence to appropriate sections of the Yacht Construction Specification (YCS) to assure timely delivery
- Completes engineering deliverables within area of assigned responsibility and in coordination with all build planning activities
- Reviews project specific engineering deliverables including all drawings, component specifications, Bills of Materials (BOM's), and change orders for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Conducts or assists with planning of cross functional reviews to insure functionality, manufacturability, and serviceability of all mechanical systems
- Bachelor's Degree in marine engineering or similar field required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in related field
- Marine Mechanical systems experience such as piping or HVAC Design Experience
- Primary software design tool knowledge: (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Rhino, etc.)
- Experience in design requirements of Motor Yachts in the 50-to-200-foot range
- Shipyard new construction, repair, and refit experience
- Structural Detailing knowledge
- ABS and MCA working knowledge
- First Principal Structural Calculation knowledge
- Aluminum Structural Experience
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.