Category: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 2
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Operations team within the Mission Systems sector at our Rolling Meadows, IL facility. The Manufacturing Analyst - Operations Program Management (OPM) Analyst position supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of crossfunctional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering. The incumbent may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Manufacturing interface with the Program Office, engineering,
Supply Chain Management, and Mission Assurance on all aspects of assigned programs.
• Responsible for scheduling and execution of programs, while monitoring and addressing all cost, schedule, and quality
• Lead multifunctional teams, including Operations functional support organizations, to ensure all program and
manufacturing goals and objectives are met.
• Represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or programs. Interact with internal and external personnel on
significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Oversee the generation of proposal inputs, including Basis of Estimate, Resource code mix, estimate rationale, bid
codes, overhead, labor, manufacturing and personnel capacity, and risk / opportunity tracking.
• Responsible for the overall performance of the Operations Team's activities to assure compliance with company
objectives and obligations.
• Monthly reconciliation of Sales Order WBS to MRP WBS for accuracy and consistency.
Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience working on teams and projects in a leadership capacity
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• This position requires a U.S. Citizenship.
• High desire to learn with a meticulous attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: • Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, such as material management, supply chain, planning
and scheduling, production control, or quality assurance.
• General knowledge of manufacturing.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), production planning, and material management.
• Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with several layers of coworkers and management.
• Understanding of Earned Value reporting and analysis.
• Experience with proposal generation.
• Prior experience with Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Process Improvement.
• Six Sigma Certification Yellow Belt certification.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Prior experience running sustainment programs.
• Prior experience utilizing Pareto Analysis.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.