Managing Director, Global Privacy Counsel
Location: Round Rock, TX; Hopkinton, MA; or Remote-US
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving - and always fascinating.
We are looking for an experienced Global Privacy Counsel to add value to Dell's global privacy program and to be a strategic global privacy legal advisor to the business and legal departments. You will ensure that Dell operates within the law and provide guidance on privacy matters. This role will directly report to Dell's Chief Privacy Officer.
- Effectively manages a small team of regional Privacy Counsels and implements Dell's global privacy strategic priorities, including best practice sharing with regional legal teams
- Provides strategic legal advice and support on privacy law guidance to Dell's business units, functional and legal departments; applies judgment on smart risk taking for privacy legal risks, issues and regulatory investigations and develops quality legal solutions
- Provides privacy manager support for Dell's Human Resource business unit, including: preparation and review of Privacy Impact Assessments; advice and recommendations to the business on privacy risks; ensuring data inventory of personal information assets and associated data flow mappings are up-to-date; documentation of data processing activities; and developing, implementing and enforcing privacy policies and procedures that apply to the business
- Drafts and negotiates global data privacy provisions in contracts with Dell's authorized third parties and customers as an escalation point in accordance with Dell's legal department's contracts approval Matrix policy
- Advises on privacy policies and procedures for Dell's global privacy program in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Creates and performs targeted privacy trainings, as well as additional privacy awareness, across Dell's enterprise
- Co-leads privacy incidents as privileging attorney and integrates lessons learned back into Dell's global privacy program
- Provides privacy legal guidance on data subject rights requests and co-ordinates with legal partners
- JD degree with admission to at least one state bar
- 10+ years global privacy legal experience advising on data privacy laws compliance and regulatory risks management
- Sound technical expertise on privacy risk; general knowledge of foundational requirements of privacy laws and best practices in the United States and at least one other region (eg Asia, Europe and/or South America)
- Experience providing strategic legal support to ensure GDPR and CCPA compliance readiness by an organization
- Experience managing a global privacy compliance program for a business unit/functional department
- People management expertise and ability to manage team members who are remote
- European and United States IAPP privacy certifications
- Expertise with privacy laws in Asia is a huge plus
- HR privacy legal expertise is a plus
- Be curious - ask Why
- Be creative - come up with new solutions for improvement
- Ability to partner with privacy team members, peers, legal and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise legal memos, emails, privacy governance documents and presentations
- A self-starter who has the ability to drive results as a great executor: you get the job done!
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Excellent prioritization skills to effectively manage competing priorities and project management skills
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in Real Time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, influence stakeholders and drive results in a timely manner
- Ability to anticipate privacy regulatory compliance issues or risks and to see around the corner
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play-providing customers with the industry's broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities- all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive . Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .