Looking to grow your career? If you have the education and skills to fill this position at The Schemmer Associates, then we want to meet you. Our Oklahoma Transportation team is looking for a Manager, Transportation with a background in roadway/highway design projects. This is a design oriented position that will join an established regional team of transportation engineers. The ideal candidate should have prior experience working on projects for ODOT. The successful candidate will work in our Oklahoma City office.
- Oversee and accomplish transportation engineering scope of services on assigned projects; ensure project assignments are completed on schedule and within budget
- Perform as project manager or project engineer as appropriate
- Participate in pre-planning meetings on major project pursuits.
- Ability to perform transportation engineering on a variety of private and public funded projects
- Familiarity with federal, state and local regulations
- Serves as a technical specialist in roadway design
- Monitor budgets and goals and initiates appropriate action when actual results vary
- Develops and maintain client relationships
- Education BS, Civil Engineering
- PE in Oklahoma or ability to obtain by reciprocity is required
- Existing client relationships with ODOT
- Prior experience working on roadway/highway design projects with ODOT
- Minimum of 6 years of relative engineering experience
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other members of the project team
- Experience and working knowledge with Design software (Microstation, Geopak) preferred
Collaborative. Knowledgeable. Driven. Schemmer is a full-service architectural, engineering and construction field services firm providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges with a keen focus on quality and client satisfaction.
We believe in a creative, collaborative culture with highly-engaged staff that love what they do. Our diverse and talented professionals work together to create effective, goal-driven solutions. Providing a professional work environment with access to the latest technology all while maintaining a culture that rewards excellence is what makes Schemmer a great place to work. Professional growth and leadership opportunities are available for all staff who seek to advance their career and be a significant contributor to the overall success of the firm.
When you work for us, you won't be stuck in a rut of producing designs for one type of project. At Schemmer, you will have the opportunity to stretch your imagination to the limit and work on multiple project types. We work on projects large and small, from studies to design to construction engineering, for public and private sectors, of different engineering solutions and construction systems.
At Schemmer, we believe in fostering a fun, creative environment where professionals are empowered to shape their career, and where there is a healthy work-life balance. We celebrate lifelong learning, provide resources and opportunities, and offer support in your pursuit of success.
Only the most qualified applicants will receive a reply. No phone calls please.
The Schemmer Associates Inc.
1044 North 115th Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68154
The Schemmer Associates Inc. is an EOE, including disability/vets - E-Verify
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.