Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient's own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are seeing a Manger, Supply Chain for our Santa Monica facility to join our team.
- Works on problems of a moderately complex scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Manages operations and may manage tasks and performance of assigned group of staff in the Supply Chain department, in accordance with the budget.
- If responsible for personnel management, selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Responsible for implementing and providing input to the planning of activities related to the material purchase, material control, inventory control, and shipping/receiving and stores functions, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
- Works on material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with production and engineering. Provides business solutions in support of Supply Chain planning.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of Supply Chain policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems. Contributes to the development of complex new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Assists with the preparation of project plans and manages projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify complex project issues which pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals.
- Reviews and assists with planning requirements for business operations. Acts as an advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Supports the execution of supply chain planning initiatives to achieve departmental targets.
- Develops and maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Simplifies externally-facing documentation to the benefit of customers. Assists in the review and editing of complex regulatory documents.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers/vendors to secure best pricing for the business. Monitors and reports the cost, schedules and performance aspects for contracts.
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops tools needed to support division Center of Excellence Service Teams action.
- Frequently collaborates with other departments, to ensure functional area resources are sufficient to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Acts as a relationship manager for cross-functional or external contacts. Involved in the earliest stage of partner relationships to help build solid foundations for collaboration.
- May recommend and assist with the integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed, to reduce costs.
- May assist in the development of operational functional requirements and business process flow architecture of ERP functions and features, in support of Gilead's existing and future business plans.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Has an aptitude for working with computer systems to plan and manage supply chain requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of business operating systems, distribution requirements planning, production scheduling, Oracle/DB2/Access databases and Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel) as relates to business needs.
- Proficiency in ERP system software, with emphasis on Operations/Supply Chain functionality.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.