Manager, Silicon Engineering - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite's lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.External US
The Manager, Silicon Engineering is a critical leadership position within the corporate organization. Oversees the design, development, and verification of silicon hardware for Fujifilm SonoSite's ultrasound product lines (e.g. FPGAs and ASICs). This management role provides technical leadership on major projects with responsibility to lead the team to resolve complex technical challenges for ultrasound applications in an FDA regulated environment. Understanding of silicon architecture design is needed to influence the definition of innovative next generation products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage silicon design team members.
- Coordinate and direct projects, make detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the technical activities of the silicon design team.
- Direct, review, and approve major product design decisions and changes.
- Utilize silicon architecture design expertise to drive innovation into definition/development of next generation Fujifilm SonoSite ultrasound products.
- Ensure that team utilizes best practice design principles that comply with
- industry and government regulations
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes conform to established medical device regulations and policies.
- Coordinate with Program Management Office to determine the team's project capacity and fund company approved projects with in-house and external resources per approved budgets.
- Train, direct, and motivate subordinate technical leaders.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work with performance reviews; and oversee training and development to maintain staff competence.
- Prepare and manage annual department budget.
- Direct engineering services contract negotiations when additional personnel are needed to supplement team capacity.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing policies, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university (MSEE preferred)
- 7-10 years' experience with medical product development from conception to product release including silicon integration on hardware. Relevant ultrasound design experience is strongly desired (FDA or other regulated industry training and experience.)
- 5-7 years of experience leading highly successful engineering teams including the ability to effectively interact with cross functional engineering teams throughout the development cycle.
- 5-7 years of hands-on silicon development experience with VHDL or Verilog (VHDL preferred)
- 5-7 years' experience with FPGA/ASIC design and simulation tools (Altera Quartus and Mentor ModelSim /Questa preferred).
- 3-5 years' experience implementing signal or image processing algorithms in silicon.
- Demonstrated expertise with efficient verification methodologies and tools including randomized regression testing, Assertion based verification, and reuse methodology/class library (e.g. OVM)
- Significant experience with tools and techniques associated with efficient design flow automation using Python
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts and experience designing C++ models and constrained random test benches is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management tasks such as scheduling and resource allocation planning
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand the business needs of the customer and Fujifilm SonoSite respectively.
- Ability to translate customer needs into clear product requirements for R&D is a must.
- Ability to think about the application of diagnostic ultrasound in non-traditional ways is also a must.
- Leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at .
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at , or via e-mail at . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.