Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Manager Sales II -Small Business is responsible for leading a team of account associates with a focus of maintaining and growing the base of Small Business customers in their team's assigned module of Multi-Tenant Buildings (MTU). This position will report to the Senior Director of Sales and will be the sales lead for a team of eight to ten sales representatives geographically dispersed in several markets. These associates will be field based and will also have multiple desk based activities to include outbound B2B calling. To be successful, prior experience in telecommunication sales with experience leading, coaching, and mentoring other sales professionals in value selling, prospecting, proposal creation, base management and sales closing skills.The Main Responsibilities
- Effectively lead your team to ensure assigned Small Business MTU customer base across all industry sectors receive professional account management yielding both improved revenue growth and retention for the company and continuous improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Partner with your teams associates to assist and shepherd the development of relationships with key individuals and property managers among client base and local business community.
- Hire and develop top performing sales personnel.
- Establish and maintain a true team environment with unified accountability for the client experience.
- Create and maintain a dynamic building management plan within your assigned base of buildings.
- Direct daily sales activities and funnel management.
- Supervise creation, refinement and implementation of account strategies and tactics.
- Assist with deal construction, framework, and approvals.
- Serve as an evangelist for our corporate vision and guiding principles with your employees.
- Create a challenging, empowering, and fun work environment.
- Collaborate / provide feedback with supporting corporate departments.
- Support business development efforts within your teams assigned building base.
- Demonstrate thorough and exact accounting of business metrics.
- Ensure the professional growth and success of direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and 5+ year telecom or related technology sales experience.
- 2+ years previous Manager level leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in building strategic plans for sales team growth and development including account and activity planning and development.
- Experience mentoring, training and developing high performance sales teams.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales performance/tracking programs.
- Will require some travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Prior Sales Management experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of the customer base in the local market.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales, with 1½ - 2 years consecutive experience within one company within the last 5 years
Requisition #: 236474
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.