Category: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Rocket Center, West Virginia
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 1
Description - External
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our products include launch vehicles, propulsion systems, missile products, subsystems and defense electronics, precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition, satellites and space components and services, and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Rocket Center, West Virginia, just outside of Cumberland, Maryland.
The Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) site in Rocket Center, designs, develops and manufactures tactical rocket motors, medium caliber ammunition, composite components and end items, and fuze and electronics equipment. For decades, the dedicated and highly skilled team at ABL has supported national security efforts by developing and building defense systems for DoD customers and U.S. allies.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
• Provides direction and motivates employees guided by established practices and precedents.
• Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
• Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to practices that affect his or her direct reports.
• Frequently performs ongoing tasks of the department.
• Provides support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of manufacturing equipment.
• Works directly with maintenance and engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
• Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
• Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations and scheduling
• Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
• Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department
• Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department
Basic Qualifications: • High school diploma with 5 years of demonstrated experience as a lead or a supervisor in a manufacturing setting OR Associates/Bachelors college degree in a technical or management field
• Availability and willingness to work any shift including some weekends as required.
• Ability to provide sound judgment to ensure overall quality and efficiency of the department.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and MS Office
• Experience with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic equipment
• Eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance; U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite
• Flexible with work assignments.
• Proactive safety attitude.
Preferred Qualifications: • Experience working in high volume manufacturing and or production machining environment
• Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
• Prior experience working in a union environment
• Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
This position falls under a Federal Explosives License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) for this location. Candidates hired into this role will be required to complete and submit an Employee Possessor Questionnaire to ATF for approval to be a possessor.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions