DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Provides leadership for the Pipeline Integrity Programs, Technical, or Execution team. Ensures safe and compliant operations of the company%26rsquo;s pipeline systems, some located in high consequence areas, that satisfy CFR 192 and 195. Provides technical support to Operations and Engineering. Facilitates the development and implementation of integrity management programs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Leads Pipeline Integrity staff to ensure that the company%26rsquo;s pipeline systems are operated and maintained in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with federal, state and local integrity regulations.
- Participates in the collaborative development and maintenance of pipeline related procedures, Required Practices and specifications including, but not limited to, In-Line Inspection (ILI), hydrostatic testing, Direct Assessment, and general pipeline operations. Ensures adherence to and provide technical direction to implement these procedures.
- Interacts with all levels of staff to disseminate broad base interdisciplinary knowledge of DCP policies, and regulations.
- Develops and oversees ILI assessment, strength testing, anomaly investigation and corrosion surveys associated with hydrostatic tests.
- Implements Integrity Management Plans and related Integrity Procedures. These plans include requirements for 192 and 195 code compliance and scheduling for required tasks or activities.
- Partners with Asset Operations on all aspects of the Integrity Assessment Plan and integrity related pipeline activities including the monitoring of temporary pressure reductions.
- Leads Pipeline Integrity staff in the planning, development, execution and improvement of integrity related processes and technical decision-making.
- Provides support and execution in the areas of pipeline integrity assessments, integrity repairs, quality assurance, data collection, data management, pipeline integrity project prioritization, and planning and management.
- Leads and oversees Pipeline Integrity Projects via collaboration with fellow Pipeline Integrity staff in the planning and execution of integrity assessments, and coordination with field operations to implement repair plans.
- Oversees pipeline anomaly assessments and repairs as required and in accordance with DCP and Regulatory Standards.
- Maintains working knowledge of pipeline regulations, industry standards, integrity assessment methods, repair methods, etc.
- Serves as a liaison with internal stakeholders, contractors and vendors for the planning and execution of field activities relating to integrity assessments and other pipeline services projects.
- Serves as a liaison with pipeline regulatory agencies and represents DCP during agency interactions, inspections, and enforcement proceedings.
- Provides interpretation and impact analysis of proposed regulations and proposed DCP projects. Works in a collaborative manner to communicate, discuss and receive input from shareholders. Provides strategic plans on how DCP should address proposed regulations. Communicate the risks associated with proposed DCP projects or acquisitions.
- Leverages existing and implement new technologies in data and integrity management applications and processes to improve compliance in terms of Pipeline Integrity operations.
- Leads the development and coordination of training programs for Asset Operations personnel in certain pipeline integrity procedures including inspection techniques and repair practices for each of the different threats.
- Leads, develops, and mentors Pipeline Integrity staff. Provides management of staff and resources which execute integrity assessments on regional pipelines regarding pipeline safety regulations.
- Collaborates in the development and reporting of integrity metrics to upper management. Presents Integrity status, annual analysis and integrity metrics to executive leadership.
- Contributes to the budgeting process, vendor selection, and execution of integrity assessments.
- Reviews integrity assessment completion reports.
- Leads the design, planning, management, and delivery of ad-hoc projects as required by the Pipeline Services group. This may include but is not limited to inspection, construction, and/or repair activities.
- Participates in the Comprehensive Risk Assessment Process and Pipeline Compliance Audits.
- Leads and works in a team environment with a focus on both internal and external customers.
- Fulfills people leader responsibilities including hiring, staffing and firing decisions, employee training and development, performance evaluation and issue remediation, and budget planning and control as well as creating a culture of respect where diversity and inclusiveness are valued
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in Engineering; Master%26rsquo;s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related experience is required; oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Experience and expert knowledge of application and use of industry codes and standards to include CFR Parts 192 and 195, ASME B31.4 and B31.8, and additional relevant codes such as API RP 1176, ASME B31.8S, API 1163, API 1183, API 579, API 1104, and API 1160 required
- Experience with execution and management of engineering projects with specific focus on integrity management, threat assessments, fitness-for-service, and remaining life assessments
- Experience in pipeline operations, pipeline design, pipeline repair, and pipeline integrity issues such as corrosion control, pipeline assessment, fitness-for-service evaluation, risk management, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Engineering Critical Assessment (ECA), Pressure Cycle Fatigue Assessment (PCFA), failure assessment, DOT Code requirements and compliance
- Experience and knowledge of various fracture mechanics and fatigue models for cracks, dents, and metal loss
- Experience with validation and operation of various types of Inline Inspection (ILI) tools including statistical analysis; gas and NGL liquid service preferred
- Experience and knowledge of various Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) methodologies and techniques for evaluation of anomalies and assessment of material properties to support traceable, verifiable, and complete (TVC) gap closures
- Experience with inspections by PHMSA and other regulatory bodies
- Proven ability to interact with and effectively manage input from multiple stakeholders to deliver business unit and enterprise goals
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence at a local level and across a broad organization
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, computer skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
- This job will require varying degrees of work to be completed inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel may be required.
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability..... click apply for full job details