Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin
The Manager, Financial Application Support (FAST) is a core resource for the implementation of ERP modules, functionality, enhancements, problem resolution, security, and support in production and the non-production environments with innovative and agile solutions. Contributes to the strategic and operational activities, process improvements, identifying cost saving opportunities, minimizing risk of the AARP ERP financial applications and supports the internal and external audit activities to include the functional and security audits. Manager takes a leadership role developing strategic partnerships and coordinating cross-functional teams to include technical staff, functional staff, subject matter experts, users, and external contractors to achieve complex solutions to problems and changes to the financial systems while maintaining the integrity of the data. A contributor to long-range planning. Mentoring and coaching across the organization with the ability to communicate and interact with staff at all reporting levels.
The role will manage two staff members: Audit Senior Analyst and Analyst role with focus on Help Desk, Maintenance and Special Projects.
The Manager position reports to the Director, Financial Application Support.
- Manages the work load and growth of two staff members: Audit Senior Analyst and Analyst role with focus on Self-Audit, Help Desk, Maintenance and Special Projects.
- Shares knowledge and develops staff capabilities to strengthen the understanding of the financial systems.
- Provides coaching, guidance, supervision, and development of the system administration staff in an open environment to assist with empowering others to grow in their roles and decision making capabilities
- Perform analysis, planning and requirements definition for new functionality.
- Perform process improvement reviews including system functionality, and operations.
- Coordinate 3 rd party resources: to include pricing, work efforts, deliverables, timelines and other tasks as they arise.
- Ensure the agility and innovation of all financial systems through maintenance and ongoing change either process change, new functionality or system enhancements.
- Monitor and review reporting, procedures and upgrades to ensure alignment with the needs and future of the application.
- Proactive in completing tasks assigned with minimal direction while remaining flexible with the workload.
- Validate the application meets the overall business needs and work with all contributors to resolve any issues.
- Author functional specification documents, control documents and procedural documents.
- Represent FAST to all levels of management and present either orally or verbally the activities and goals in non-technical language to build strategic relationships and facilitate trust.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships of the financial systems and data users, and provide proactive client service or advice to address current issues or planning needs.
- FAST liaison with the outsourced application support partner for all outsourced responsibilities.
- Acts as an escalation point for problems or issues with process changes, cross functional change requirements or deviation from current policies and procedures.
- Enforce record retention policy based on AARP standards.
- Facilitates all security administration that impacts the application.
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information technology, or a related discipline. Additional IT certifications are preferred.
At least10 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Significant experience in project management, supporting implementations and/or daily system administration of a Financial ERP is required. PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, People Tools and Component Interface is a plus
- Working knowledge of security, databases and workflow applications.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with accounting staff, operational staff, technical staff and the end user community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and drive to expand knowledge base through experience and new software.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in maintaining and improving several of the following PeopleSoft 9.2 functions: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Asset Management, Leased Assets, Commitment Control, Projects, Grants, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Workflow, Security, Financial Gateway, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing, E-Pro, Procurement
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Visit careers.aarp.org/benefits for more information.
As a result of the COVID pandemic, all interviews will be held virtually and all non-essential employees will continue to work remotely until further notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.