Job Location Corporate - Sparks Glencoe, MD
Position Type Full Time
Travel Percentage Up to 50%
Job Shift Day
Job Category Management
As the sport's national governing body, USA Lacrosse provides national leadership, structure, and resources to fuel the sport's growth and enrich the experience of participants.
USA Lacrosse believes that a diverse staff best positions our organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse community, and we are committed to a staff culture that ensures everyone feels welcomed and valued.
The Midwest Regional Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of their geographic region (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin). This position requires experience and skill in sales, developing strong relationships with Program Leaders, Officials, Chapter Leaders (Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin Chapters), High School Programs/Booster Clubs, Club Programs, understanding budgets and P&L's, marketing and territory management in an effort to engage, retain and acquire local lacrosse organizations (LLO's. LOA's and MSO's) as USA Lacrosse members. The Regional Manager is also responsible for driving the growth of the sport in addition to advocating for the use of USA Lacrosse best practices and national standards.
The position will measure, monitor and manage the delivery and implementation of USAL programs, services and resources to the region directly from national and supported locally by chapters.
This person will be expected to educate and promote the USA Lacrosse member value proposition directly to youth lacrosse leagues/organizations, scholastic based lacrosse organizations, USA Lacrosse chapters and private enterprises, including club programs.
Expected hours to work:
- USA Lacrosse core business hours are 8am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday. Some days the Regional Manager will be required to attend evening meetings and work some weekends for events that require attendance by USA Lacrosse i.e. Youth Tournaments/End of Season Jamboree's, State Championships, Chapter Events/Hall of Fame etc. NOTE: this position does require evening and weekends on demand.
- This position will be located in the Midwest Region a nd requires EXTENSIVE travel, approx. 30% of a calendar year with seasonal fluctuation. The travel is primarily within the region; but also demands attendance at the annual National Convention, annual Local Lacrosse Leadership Conference and regional meetings. The region is defined as the Midwest Region (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin).
- Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of sales and territory management is required.
Engage, Retain and Acquire USA Lacrosse Member Organizations
Youth Leagues, LLO's and Clubs
- Drive community and recreation-based youth leagues and organizations to grow their program by providing programmatic support directly from USAL national and supported by USA Lacrosse Chapters. (e.g. Flex 6, 6 U Discovery, Try Lax, CDP clinics, ODP clinics, Parent Education, PE Workshops, Growth Initiatives)
- Deliver sales and marketing membership presentations to local lacrosse organizations (LLO's) within the region.
- Monitor, Measure and manage the membership database (SalesForce) as it pertains to youth league organizations assuring that USAL has current contact information and organizational structure.
- Work with Chapters to support community-based youth initiatives in areas designated as high potential growth regions.
Work closely with chapter leadership to assist them in their role as the local wise voices and USA Lacrosse champions that help facilitate the connections within the region to support the growth of the sport.
- Manage internal operational procedures to help Chapter leadership develop and execute annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Support the annual chapter certification process in order to maintain good standing with the USL 501c3 designation.
- Facilitate collaboration/communications between Chapter, USA Lacrosse National and Local Lacrosse Organizations.
Local Officials Associations (LOA),Local Lacrosse Organizations (LOO) and Multi-Sport Organizations (MSO's)
- Encourage collaboration between local official's organizations, and local lacrosse organizations to support recruitment, training and certification of officials.
- Identify and facilitate communication between best practice private enterprises as resources for league/organizations coach, official and player clinics.
Foster collaboration between USAL and leagues to drive progress along the continuum toward certification.
Core values & Competencies:
- We Influence - Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate - Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest - Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality - Diversity
- We Have Fun - Humor
This position requires working closely with the Regional Director and helping support the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest Regions. This position is a hybrid of a Regional Manager and Regional Coordinator i.e lots of project work, follow up (external/internal), presentation design, Sales Reporting, Pipeline Reporting, Developing Call sheet and setting up presentation meetings for Regional Director to close the deal.
This position requires oversight of six USA Lacrosse Chapters.
Chapters (6): Central Ohio, North Coast Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota & Wisconsin.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five (five) years professional organizational sales or management experience
- Ability to make calls and stay engaged with customer/prospects (Build Relationships). Timely responses to external and internal requests i.e. phone calls, email, tasks
- Ability to listen to customer/prospect and tailor programs and services to their needs (Attention to Detail)
- Experience in program sales and deployment
- Proven track record of success in relationship sales
- Experience with budget management (understanding a P&L) and strategic planning
- Strong organizational and written skills
- Ability to maintain focus on priorities, while responding quickly to the unexpected requests (special projects)
- Ability to set program metrics, interpret analytics, report and measure quantifiable results
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Handle confidential information discreetly
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 business applications and various reporting software
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management, analytical and problem-thinking skills
- Ability to work a flexible full-time work schedule to include weekends and evenings
- Bachelors / Masters degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lacrosse knowledge preferred; lacrosse experience a plus
- National non-profit organizational experience highly regarded, including work with boards/volunteer management
- Experience working with Sales Force (TM) preferred
- A current and valid drivers license and proof of insurance is required, along with access to reliable transportation
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliable Internet Service and cell phone required ($ 25 reimbursed per month)
This job operates in a professional (or home) office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly (or occasionally) works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
- Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-30lbs., 20-50lbs, 30-50lbs., 50-75lbs
- Will experience prolonged sitting ..... click apply for full job details