Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Corporate Communications/Public Relations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Manage, produce and coordinate internal communications for Flight Operations to drive two-way communication cohesively between Flight Operations and the broader Atlas community and provide information all department team members need to do their jobs more effectively.
- Lead the creation and execution of a multi-channel communications plan for Flight Operations that elevates Atlas Air as a destination employer with key audiences including employees, potential employees, and business partners.
- Proactively provide communications counsel that engages and supports Crewmembers and Flight Operations support personnel.
- Support Flight Operations leadership by developing and coordinating content for various departmental communications channels including:
- Crew Town Halls
- Department videos
- SVP Flight Line Briefings
- Chief Pilot Updates
- Presentations for key department events such as Captain Leadership and Check Airmen meetings
- CBA negotiations updates including 5Y site
- Industry award submissions
- Assess existing crew feedback channels and make recommendations for improvements so that two-way communications are consistent and timely.
- Help facilitate company-wide or crew-wide communications needs set forth by key leaders in Safety, Training and Travel and Crew Scheduling.
- Produce and maintain a calendar of communications priorities, and action plans to support the communication plan.
- Develop original content to propel the company's narrative, including, but not limited to, InsideAtlas, news releases, social posts, executive talking points, award submissions, blogs infographics and videos.
- Identify and support external communications efforts to promote pilot careers.
- Ongoing coordination with Corporate and Internal Communications to ensure alignment in message, and timing.
- Assist with the company's crisis communications activities.
- Lead the internal communications strategy and execution including crew-wide meeting planning, town halls, digital communications
- Support Operations Executives and others on announcements, function and program communications
- Manage and monitor the company's interests in key crew bases including CVG, JFK, MIA and ANC.
- Bachelors degree in English or Journalism preferred
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Significant related work experience that includes writing in fields such as journalism, communications, or aviation.
- Proficiency in strategic communications planning
- Proficiency in project management
- PR and media relations experience preferred
- Typically requires overnight travel 10% to 20% of the time.
- Excellent writing and communications skills; strong and impactful storytelling approach.
- Ability to synthesize complex and sensitive materials into compelling and persuasive content that will engage intended audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and build project plans.
- Ability to research issues and develop logical and practical solutions within the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at .
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement