At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. We're a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Manager R&D Finance will be responsible for providing accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting and accounting services to all drug discovery and manufacturing related activities in Exton, PA. Additionally, this position will also support the Associate Finance Director for site activities such capital investments, site service contract negotiations, first responses to all general financial process inquiries from Exton departments, vendor inquiries and local support of financial systems. The candidate will need to build close collaboration with Exton internal business partners with a mindset of continuous process and technology improvement. The candidate will work independently, collaboratively and with minimal daily supervision.
This position is viewed as critical in support of EPAT (Oncology Discovery), MDC (Biopharmaceutical Development), site IT, MDC Global Planning and DQA groups located in Exton, PA. The role will also provide finance support as part of a recent global strategic alliance in the development and supply of an exciting breakthrough Oncology drug. The position has high visibility and affords the right candidate with multiple future growth opportunities as part of the North America finance team. Essential Functions
- Work with Exton EPAT and MDC Teams to develop Annual Budgets and Forecasts. Import Plan/Forecasts into Financial Systems and provide concise spend vs. budget variance analysis and commentary monthly, working with business partners to reduce variance.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly closing and compliance with GAAP guidelines, including journal entry preparation and posting.
- Ensure proper documentation and approval of projects, track project spend and reconcile spend versus budget and forecast.
- General support of site-specific finance inquiries such as 1st line tech support of financial systems, vendor inquiries, capital asset acquisitions and etc.
- Financial planning and reporting supporting global strategic alliance and global Oncology business group; Support North America finance initiatives including new finance technology platforms.
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting/Finance. Highly analytical BS degree (ie. Engineering) with proven work experience in financial modelling will be considered.
- CPA / MBA desirable.
- 5+ years of accounting and / or financial business experience preferred. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Possess strong decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to report accurately, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to work in dynamic fast paced environment, to embrace and foster change within the organization.
- Strong computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Knowledge of SAP required. Experience with relational financial planning systems (Planful, Hyperion Planning, TM1) a plus
- Occasional travel to Woodcliff Lake, NJ
This position will be the primary role for developing and monitoring the operating and project Budgets of the Exton R&D site and requires interaction with various functions and all levels of management.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States.